Search results

1. xdeaconx

crack in cast iron

Hey guys, Well I was unlucky enough to have a crack in the drain line somewhere inside the wall. I cut out the drywall and found the problem. Pics are below. There are two big cracks in the bushing that is screwed into the san t (in the photo you can see my temp epoxy fix where it is). I've...
  2. xdeaconx

Can I change cast iron out for PVC?

Hi guys, 2 years ago we had an ejector pump put in the basement to rough out a bath down there, and the plumbers ran most of the work in PVC. Except for the lateral line that feeds in to the soil stack. That they did in cast iron. So now I've got my basement ceiling open and have discovered the...
  3. xdeaconx

Fiberglass shower base with compression drain

I have a fiberglass shower base I am installing in a basement bathroom. I have all the stub out plumbed with 2" cast iron a concreted. I left the length sticking out of the concrete long so I can cut it to length. I am wondering what that lenght is? Should the top edge of the pipe be flush...
  4. xdeaconx

drain pipe layout basement sink help

Hey guys, I just got rid of the old double basin in our basement (that thing is solid iron, and damn heavy) and am replacing it with a single. I want to redo the drain plumbing at the same time. The original set-up had the washer machine empty into the basin. I'm going to make a dedicated...
  5. xdeaconx

finished height of shower drain in slab ?'s

Hey guys, I'm putting a full bath in the basement. All the plumbing has been roughed in. I've already self leveled the area. The drains are cast iron and my question is at what height should I cut the pipe? Should they be flush with the tile? The shower will be tiled walls w/ a fiberglass...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks