Search results

1. rreister

Moen Monticello Roman Tub - Want to Switch the Trim - Help with Valve

Based upon this information, it looks like I have a Moen 4792 valve. I think this is part of their M-Pact system. I did some searching and found lots of faucets that work with M-Pact, however, some of them (the ones I like) say it works with M-Pact and needs valve 4992 or 4993. For example...
  2. rreister

Moen Monticello Roman Tub - Want to Switch the Trim - Help with Valve

My wife and I moved into a new home. We want to switch the trim on the roman tub. The tub is completely tiled in and there is no access panel. Before we go the route of removing tile, I want to know if there is an easier solution. The current tub has a Moen faucet, but I can't find the model...
  3. rreister

New Tub Spout Leaking Near Wall

I guess there is no harm in trying. Of course, the inside is pretty messed up now (broken out pieces of the plastic). Maybe if I clean it up, they won't know.
  4. rreister

Well. I called a plumber. He was great. Best $70 I spent. He sweated on a threaded fitting and gave me a spout. However, he said I could try to unscrew the pipe from inside the Moen, but it's tough. I'm trying to justify my purchase (and it was already beat up so I couldn't return it)...
  5. rreister

Okay. I will check the local big box store. I'm definitely a newbie at this. When caulking, can I just fill the hole or would I need to fit something in behind it? I will give a plumber a call today (different one) and have them solder on a fitting like you suggested. I'm just trying to...
  6. rreister

Can you recommend a product to use and a method on how to patch this? I'd rather do this than replace the tile. Thanks
  7. rreister

Thanks for giving me peace of mind in regards to the plumber. It's nice to know that I'm not crazy for refusing him to cut into the drywall. When you say "There is NO WAY to keep an "O" ring seal from leaking on that piece of copper", did you mean a new piece of copper will do the job, or...
  8. rreister

I just purchased a new home and this handyman thing is very new to me. In the guest bathroom, I turned on the shower and the tub spout popped off the nipple. I never liked that spout anyway, so I purchased a Moen 3931 from a local plumbing store. I brought the new spout home and tried to slip...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks