Search results

1. Export!

Bath Group rough-in

Does this look correct? As I understand it I can wet vent a single bath group through a 2". If it makes any difference (or if it's a good idea) I can very easily continue the 3" back to where the shower wye connects in.
  2. Export!

Shower drain fitting has pulled away from pipe - no access to plumbing

This is in a cottage and there is no way to get to the plumbing underneath the shower. I can see it but I can't get to it (insanely tight crawlspace) It's a problem. My guess is that is has been leaking since it was installed or maybe since the floor framing was braced and leveled. The...
  3. Export!

Is this a can of worms?

I've got a house remodel in the works that involves a spruce-up of two bathrooms and a kitchen. Involved are three faucet replacements. Two are straightforward. The bathtub has a faucet unlike anything I've encountered before. The house is 100 years old but I imagine this bathroom is 40-60...
  4. Export!

Basement rough in - does this look OK?

I'm hoping to keep this simple and I think the drawing has all the info. The 2" shower vent will continue out the roof and the 1-1/2" vents from the lav and laundry will tie together 5' up, and pick up the 2" above the ceiling. I couldn't find a long turn 90 for the closet bend fitting in the...
  5. Export!

Lav draining well but.....

Thanks to some great info from this site I've completed a basement bath remodel. I was excited to stress-test all my spiffy new plumbing. The toilet flushes like a mother and shower seems awesome. The lav surprised me. I was expecting whirlpools and sucking sounds and all that good stuff...
  6. Export!

Automated control for bathroom fan

I've discovered humidity sensing exhaust fans which seem like an *excellent* idea to me. I'm particularly interested because I'm doing a basement bath in a cold climate. I've already installed a fan and am wondering if there are moisture sensing switches for a standard fan. My initial...
  7. Export!

Shower door rough-in

Roughed in a 36" square shower. I assumed a finished door opening of 24" would afford me a wide choice of "off the shelf" pivot shower doors. After a quick look, I see a lot of doors described as 25". Is there a standard finished opening width I should be shooting for? Easy to fix now...
  8. Export!

Hot water heater plumbed in reverse

I always wondered if it was a big deal that my hot water heater was apparently plumbed backwards. The cold water entered into the HOT nipple. I just moved the unit and while replumbing it I took the liberty of correcting the apparent mistake. Haha. Now I think it truly is backwards and...
  9. Export!

Intermittant hot water.

I've gone to great lengths to try and have direct runs to each fixture requiring hot water. I've also tried to wrap all the pipes to hold the heat. Still not satisfactory. This is a pic near the HW tank. I can include more pix near the fixtures but it's a little embarrassing because the...
  10. Export!

Transition from galv supply to copper

I'm trying to remove obstructions from the ceiling area to finish my basement. I have some galv supply pipes that go up to the 2nd floor and I cannot replace them without major surgery. They currently transition to copper in the basement. Problem is, they extend down past the floor joists...
  11. Export!

Another basement bathroom

I'm roughing in a basement bathroom. Shower, toilet, sink. I'm good with the sink but I've got a few questions regarding the underground portion. In the picture, you can see the rough idea of what I want to do. I have to cut the 4-4-3 WYE into the main horizontal run. From there I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks