Search results

1. Ford2001

water softener

Yes I read some of the water softener thread repiy posts. I have hard water coming into my house. I also have an electric storage hot water heater. My softener just up and quit have I am thinking I should do without it. Can someone out there help tell if the softener would help the...
  2. Ford2001

cement floor paint, etec.

I was visiting the local Home Depot store in my state, and was wonder what they used over the concert floor. to seal it. Does anyone on this forum know? THANKS!
  3. Ford2001

Old Existing G.E. Circuit Breaker Panel

Can and would you use QO SD Homeline circuit breaker in a G.E. panel. The panel has a 100 amp. main disconnect. The breakers in the G.E. panel are only going to be temporary, during the contruction stage. After which, a new panel will be installed in a new location, with the...
  4. Ford2001

test your circuit before connecting to breaker

Recently an old time electrician call me, and since we were good friends, he want to show me something he does, before connection, the Power Circuits also call home runs, to the electrical panel circuit breaker./ Here were only talking about single pole breakers. One breaker feed...
  5. Ford2001

Federal Pacific Panels

Hi Guys> Got a call, to tie in the circuits left hanging by the electrical panels by another electrician. Two Federal Pacific Breaker panel, with a 200 amp. Service Disconnect Breaker. I told the customer I would left him know Monday, but no later than Tueday. So would you take a job...
  6. Ford2001

Thermsl overload on pump

Can someone please tell me why would pump, wiring would have a, push button, thermal overload device, wired into one leg on a 240 volt. circuit, that feed power to the submersible pump, by way of pressure switch. Today is the 1st. time I seen such a device. NOTE: 20 amp. double pole...
  7. Ford2001

FPE panel removel

The FPE post that was here has been removed, by the person who started the thread, reason, problem solved
  8. Ford2001

Pushmatic circuit breaker

My uncle pass away some time ago, but he did everything for my Aunt, which included the wiring in there home. I believe someone was getting ride a pushmatic circuit breaker panel, and my uncle grab it to use in his house, which had an existing fuse panel. So he took it and...
  9. Ford2001

MN-B, 12-3/GRD inside 2" PVC conduit

Thinking about using 2" PVC conduit attach to the top of circuit breaker panel. The conduit would run up the side of the wall, (note: panel is surface mounted), then 90 over to the center of the room, where the opposite end would terminate inside a large j-box. Something like a 6x6x4. Yes...
  10. Ford2001

clue less

Would someone out there please explain to me what a, 'Ring Main is?
  11. Ford2001

This box fail to pass inspection

Electrical inspector said that the 4"Sq. x 2-1/8 deep junction box what to small for the number of conductor inside it. Before I rip this box apart and replace it with a 4-11/16"sq. x 2-1/8 deep, why can't I just add 4"Sq. x 1-1/2" box exteneion ring? You should also know, that I plan to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks