Search results

1. T

Culligan Mark 812 Water Conditioner - Time to replace?

oh well, I guess I've hit a dead end... hopefully it will get better over time. I will tell my wife what you said ;) Thanks again for all your help, it wasn't easy, but you saved me a couple thousand dollars, that's for sure!!!!! Have a great weekend. Tom
  2. T

Any suggestions to speeding along the process in the water heater? Or will the soft water break it down in a reasonable amount of time? (My wife is REALLY concerned over the rust in her hair) Its only about 4 years old, I hate to think about replacing it already. I've heard you're...
  3. T

Yep!! That took care of most of the smell. I will do a regular regeneration, then an Iron Out regeneration, then a regular regeneration and maybe another bleach regeneration if it still seems funky. I'm sure the resin isn't fully cleaned after all that time. It has been a couple months...
  4. T

Progress Gary, I took out the injector, cleaned the pinhole with a tooth pick, didn't get much of anything out. I then stuck the tooth pick in the throat, got just enough resistance to notice there was resistance, then suddenly the tooth pick went freely. I worked it up and down a few...
  5. T

Gary, I could not figure out how to get the throat out. I didn't want to pry or pull too much, there was no obvious way for it to come out easily. I did not pierce the pinhole with anything, thinking now maybe I should but I figured if I could see light through it, it couldn't be that...
  6. T

Improvement but no soft water Yes, I meant the drain line, but neither lines are kicked or blocked. I took everything apart again, took off the whole assembly, took off the control board/box soaked the entire valve unit in bucket of warm water and iron out plunged it in and out of water...
  7. T

I will tear it apart again this evening. The brine line isn't kinked, I can taste salty water in it so the salt is getting that far at least. I'm not sure what or where the injector is. As far as I can tell, its a sealed unit, lots of ports from the plumbing, drain line and brine line...
  8. T

Hi Gary, Thanks for lightening fast response!!! I can't imagine its plumbed backward, it worked fine for 15 years and things go back together only one way. The unit is metered and the issue doesn't seem to get any better even after manual regenerations, nor does the salt level seem to be...
  9. T

Culligan Mark 100 soft-minder Hi Our softener is about 15 years old on well water. For the most part, it has worked fine. I found if I add one bag of Rust remover to 3 bags of salt there is very little rust buildup in the house and the wife doesn't complain about her hair turning orange...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks