Search results

1. K

High iron in water questions.

Thanks for everyone's replies. Well the water softener company surprised us yesterday and did the install several days ahead of schedule. Good deal! Now I have another question... They chlorinated the lines and I'm trying to flush the system out. The chlorine smell seems to be gone from...
  2. K

We have septic and the backwash WILL NOT be pumped into it. It will drain out into the woods into a small underground stone field. The drain line runs down from the system into the crawl space and then out. I dug a small trench and then a field into the woods for it to drain. I've had more...
  3. K

They tested it on site and I've had it tested by a lab and both came out with almost exactly the same results, though the lab had slightly higher pH and iron. No, there is nothing suspended in the water if you poor it into a glass. You can smell it though and the water will turn orange over...
  4. K

Sheza- Everything above ground is plastic. It has a big green plastic cap covering what used to be a large white plastic pipe and a smaller plastic pipe. Now how's that for a hillbilly description? And I say "used to be" because it's also covered with orange stains.
  5. K

Hmm...good question. He was refering to all the lines in the house, this I know. I'll certainly give him a call tomorrow to clarify. Is there a sure-fire way to know if it is bacteria? Besides what I described above, I can tell you that if you were to clean the toilet, a few hours later the...
  6. K

Sammy- The softener installer suggested installing the softener and chlorinating the lines, then retesting the pH in a week or so to see where it's at. I'm under the impression that they're doing this because my water has tested higher in the 7's for pH in the past and they are trying to save me...
  7. K

Hi folks. First let me explain our situation and then ask a few questions I have about solving our problem. When we bought the house about 4 years ago, the previous owner had to install a softener due to high iron content in the well water. It appears that it is a Culligan system (I say...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks