Search results

1. plumbergreg

What is the required venting of ejector pumps in NJ?

Every major code in North America requires a vent on a sewage sump, they only differ by the size of the vent. Vents for the fixtures draining into the sump don't count.
  2. plumbergreg

D3309 Grey Pipe, is it safe? Is it ok for hot water? Drinking water?

It's not permitted for potable water by code but some dude with a lab coat will have to tell you if its safe :)
  3. plumbergreg

Properly venting a toilet in Canada

Flat vents (no such thing in the NPC) are really just horizontal vents and there certainly not illegal if installed above the horizontal center line of the soil pipe. A cleanout should be installed upstream however.
  4. plumbergreg

Best Shower Drain?

Zurn does make good quality drains, check out Watts as well. As for the shape, that's really up to the style you prefer, they will both work just fine.
  5. plumbergreg

Water Heater Expansion Tank

Precharged tanks wear out, I doubt it has anything to do with your water quality, but if you just installed a new one and it's leaking; even slightly, take it back for a replacement.
  6. plumbergreg

Water Feed Line For Fish Tank.

Have a look at this article for more info on how a mixing valve works. Thermostatic mixing valves Hope that helps.
  7. plumbergreg

new pex supply line failure

They are approved but I would never install one. Braided supplies under counters and rigid chrome in sight(if the homeowner wants).
  8. plumbergreg

Puzzling case of sewer smell only while showering

I have one possible explanation, there is a sag in the shower's trap arm possibly caused by cutting a tee into the stack when they did work in your basement. This could cause the trap to be siphoned and allow brief amounts of sewer gas in. You could always rent a camera and have a look. Good luck!
  9. plumbergreg

Drain size for tub/shower combination

The sizes in the code are the minimum size not the required size;)
  10. plumbergreg

Water Feed Line For Fish Tank.

Holy cross connection batman, leave an air gap between the supply pipe and the fish tank for one(at least an inch) and google "thermostatic mixing valve" your fish will thank you.:D
  11. plumbergreg

Do these pipes need to be replaced? (Pictures)

Yikes, if the foundation is still good perhaps you build a new home on top?....lol
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks