Search results

1. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Value question: Eco Drake versus Drake II (Is ordering online a "risk")

Oh the fun of e-tailors. It seems every week I get a call for pricing. Lets say they want the Carusoe elongated : Me:$157 Them:But the internet has it for $135 Me:That price doesnt include the freight shipping. Them:It says Free Shipping all over their website Me: Yes for small things like...
  2. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Do all new toilets leave "skid marks"? Our Toto does. Advice on another model?

CEFIONTECT or any other smooth glossing surface on a toilet will NOT prevent skid marks. It will however make them easier to clean off with either a toilet brush or just the water with the bowl rinse. I suggest you purchase a toilet brush if you are truly happy with everything about your...
  3. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Ultramax II - not the greatest

Sadly, Toto has maketed the CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone horribly for what it is. CEFIONTECT makes it so that you do not need to use harsh chemicals to get the surface clean. Sadly is does not mean you never have to clean it. Double Cyclone flushing means that every part of the bowl is rinsed...
  4. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Kohler Cimarron toilet review, Owner comments and pictures

My snark-meter just exploded on this post. :D
  5. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Best site to see Toto Toilet Options

Huh? Toto lets you select what options you want on their product list on the left column. http://www.totousa.com/ProductSearchResults/tabid/37/Default.aspx?SearchId=76dfe483-e8ad-4c1d-b350-35724fbaa8df
  6. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Toto Guinevere Bad Flapper

Quick question: The new Guinevere on our showroom floor has a sleeve on the chain connected to a flat plastic base that sits on top of the weight above the flapper. Is this any different from what you have? I notice the older Nexus on my showroom does not have the same sleeve, only the flat...
  7. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Matching American Standard, Kohler, Toto color in Bone-almond and Linen-biscuit-beige

Oh the fun of the color game. Usually I end up telling customers to tell me what they are trying to match and I will bring in their version of that color. Here is tub acrylic samples compared to the Toto virtuous china samples:
  8. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Toto toilet decision dilemma -- for basement bathroom w/ pump up

If the funky look of the Dalton tank is scaring her off, you may want to look at a Caruso tank. (part # ST706) It fits the Dalton ADA bowl just fine, however I cannot comment on whether or not it affects performance. The Caruso tank is also cheaper than the Dalton tank and keeps the overall...
  9. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

American Standard Cadet 3 Three Toilet consumer product review

Even Toto has kinda sorta admitted that their seats arn't for everyone. They are coming out with a larger(?) more comfortable seat this year. Model # SS164 and will be standard on all the newly introduced One Piece Tiolets.
  10. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Why Toto was not my choice

Toto sets up its dealers in a very odd way. Toto is not a factory direct company. They rely on rep agency to work with showrooms and dealers in a particular area. Most likely, where you bought that Toto Toilet did not get it from the Toto factory, rather through a central distribution...
  11. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

G-Max - Carlyle

I have a Double Cyclone 1.28 GPF both in my own home and in my showroom's customer bathroom. I have no complaints. If for whatever reason, you wanted more water you can hold the handle down longer for a split second or swap out the 1.28 pink flapper for a 1.6 blue flapper. Although, a Toto...
  12. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

black toilet

Done. Here is a Ebony Drake II for my customer bathroom in my showroom. It goes well with the black tile and black "field destroy" Kohler sink in there as well. (the counter top is an orange corion with lights underneath to make it glow.)
  13. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

G-Max - Carlyle

It is a great toilet. It was Toto's most popular and best looking skirted one piece toilet. The only thing missing from it was the ADA height. This was solved with the Carlyle II. The only problem that can come from installing the Carlyle is where your water supply is on the wall in comparison...
  14. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Wall Mounted Toilet Selection - Help!

Toto has the Aquia Dual Flush Wall mount toilet just introduced. Toto is still developing the in wall tank and carrier for it. From what I am told, it wil have a 600 pound weight limit and will cost less than the Geberit equivalent. If you cannot wait, it is compatible with the Geberit carrier...
  15. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

CEFIONTECT /CeFiONtect , a customer poll and reviews

This is incorrect. I just spoke with my rep last week on how to approach this with customers. She says to not even use liquid bowl cleaners, as the abrasive chemicals can slowly rough the ion glaze. She says to use dish soap. She also told me that Toto wants to change its focus on CEFIONTECT...
  16. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Toto is going to recommend the (more expensive) Oval SoftClose seat, SS204. However, any elongated seat should work for the Aquia series. I would recommend the regular SoftClose seat from Toto. SS114 as shown in the picture Terry posted.
  17. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

1 piece version of Drake?

The Ultimate isnt a G-Max flush. The question are: must you have a G-Max? ADA height? Sanigloss? Ultramax, Supreme, Ultimate and Gwyneth are all good 1-piece toilets. Ultramax being the most like the Drake.
  18. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Confused about mortar under tubs...

Sounds like Sterling wants those feet touching the subfloor. And have the 2" of space filled in with mortar as well for support. When in doubt, do as the manufacture instructs. I have had plumbers and installers physically get upset with me when I told them that sand, drywall mud and foam are...
  19. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

Two-piece Gwyneth tweaks

I have two 2-piece Gwyneths, one in my home and one in the showroom bathroom. I can confirm about needing to adjust the water height in the tank to the appropriate level. I have had one or two instances where particles remains, but i consider those flukes, rather than a problem. As far as...
  20. Jetta Whirlpool Baths

New Toto Drake GMAX fill valve dripping

Sadly that seems to be the case. The knee jerk reaction for alot of dealers is "call the manufacturer". It is just as easy to warranty it themselves.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks