Search results

1. dorth

Boogers in my Kinetico Softener

I assume the new assembly is backwards compatible with my model, correct? (Mine is a "Model 60") I'll give a call to the nearest dealer and see how much the part costs and if they're willing to sell me just the part. Shoot, only 20 years old? 'tis but a baby still! :-) Dave O
  2. dorth

I was talked through some aspects of my Kinetico Model 60 water softener by a very helpful and generous list member. I'm going to try and summarize what I learned and also include some pictures. Any errors are due to my misunderstanding of what was explained, so please direct any criticism...
  3. dorth

This aligns well with the diagnosis that the "Bypass" valve (which removes the water softener from the loop) is not completely diverting all water from the softener. In other words, even in the "Bypass" position, water *is* flowing into the softer system. When in "Bypass" mode, I...
  4. dorth

I spent some time on the phone with a generous list member and will post some pictures and my (admittedly meager) understanding of how things work in the next day or so. The good news is that my water softener appears to be cycling through correctly now. I did not dis-assemble the valve...
  5. dorth

In both homes I've owned with wells, turning off the well pump and draining the lines would cause discolored water (slightly brownish) to flow for a bit when the lines were recharged. I always assumed it was caused by the water running backwards through the pipes and knocking crud off in the...
  6. dorth

I had to replace a "flex" line leading out of my water heater because it sprung a leak. I had to turn off my well pump and drain the lines to repair it. When the water was turned back on there was the normal (in my experience) flow of moderately cruddy water which flowed through the lines, and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks