Search results

1. Rutherfordman

Just wondering if system is working properly

Not until now! Thanks for the heads up. Did not notice the icon. Too busy eating crow:)
  2. Rutherfordman

Not sure what horsepower is on this new house. Old House had 3 HP. I found the well tag but there is no HP on that just depth and casing info. I will see if I can find out something from the well company. Maybe tomorrow before I get an answer. Thanks.
  3. Rutherfordman

OK going to buy a CSV. Valveman which one do I need? Not much on plastics so will get one that is bronze if I can but whatever will work best with pex tubing. The line it will mount is 3/4" (supply from well before pressure switch right?). Do you need anymore info? I see they have them on ebay...
  4. Rutherfordman

Second Tank installed on system - Not what I expected

I wish I could remove the smaller tank and put the larger one there. It is under my stairs and there is no room unless I move everything like the pressure switch to a different location. The tanks and pressure gages are at the same elevation, probably around thirty feet between the two. The run...
  5. Rutherfordman

Thanks for the answers. Totally honest, I like that. From my experience with putting the tank on the system I would not recommend it. I would go with the CSV. It is not doing what I thought it would for whatever reason.
  6. Rutherfordman

Second Tank installed on system - Not what I expected

So I got the 60 gallon tank installed this morning on the system and have left the 20 gallon at the pressure switch. At first there was almost a 15 psi difference between the tanks. I suspected the water filter was terribly clogged which was between them as I just bought the house and have not...
  7. Rutherfordman

The existing 20 gallon tank is right at the pressure switch so I am thinking I will be good. Thanks for the help, I dont know why the well guys install such small tanks unless they use the CSV. I have a friend here that is just about done with building a house and I mentioned this to him. He...
  8. Rutherfordman

OK I am back. I felt like I had kicked a hornets nest. If you have done that you run like hell as far as you can before you look back. So I decided to look back and see that everything here is actually calm. My lightning issue was very unique and after alot of trial and error I managed to at...
  9. Rutherfordman

Stainless verses Thermoplastic Impellers

Yep my driller told me the same thing about the stainless so you just verified that. He has been pretty honest with me over the years so although I have choices I have stuck with him. When he does a pump replacement he also recommends a new control box. Being a poor mountain hillbilly I can't...
  10. Rutherfordman

OK, just wondering if there was a quality difference between the materials. I guess alot rides on how well the person sizing the pump knows how to use the curves. My well has less output than theirs but also much less debri. I have a filter at the house but really don't need it and have put it...
  11. Rutherfordman

Neighbor just had their 5 HP submersible replaced. Original pump was a Grundfos stainless steel impeller and it lasted over 10 years. The one replaced after that had a thermoplastic impeller I believe and it only lasted 7 years, evidently the motor was good but the impeller was shot according to...
  12. Rutherfordman

Franklin 3 HP Deluxe Control Box parts

Definitely keep the old box and rebuild it. You will be glad you did if the new one goes out. This gives you time to hunt down the parts and not have to buy another new box. If the Seal Distributors link does not work just go to their main page. As I stated the Relay is usually what goes in mine...
  13. Rutherfordman

Franklin 3 HP Deluxe Control Box parts

Some of the folks on the board may be able to supply you with parts. I will let them chime in if they have any. I have learned to test and replace the parts in mine for much less than a new box costs. Lightning is my enemy and it usually takes out the relay and maybe a reset button. I can have...
  14. Rutherfordman

Getting strainer off Oatey shower drain

There must be a trick to this. I have a push on connection plastic oatey shower drain and I am wondering how you get the strainer off. I have tried several things and don't want to bend it. It has tabs bent down and you can turn it but I cant' get it off. Thanks fo any help.
  15. Rutherfordman

Prefab shower drain installation - slab on grade

This is probably not rocket science but could someone walk me thru how to install the drain on my new prefab shower base. I have a 2" PVC pipe in a box out (slab on grade)for the shower with the trap below slab. I need to buy the correct drain from one of the big two home supply stores. Which...
  16. Rutherfordman

Franklin Box Parts

I hooked up with someone here on the board for the part. My box has always been suspceptible to lightning and we had a big bolt hit within 1/4mile of the pump box Saturday night taking the power out. The box's breaker was off but it was plain to see the lightning came in from the ground wire...
  17. Rutherfordman

Franklin Box Parts

Looking for a Relay Coil/Contact (part#155031110) for a 3 HP Franklin Deluxe Box (model 2823028310, 230V, 60Hz, 1 PH). Hopefully one made by GE or the like, not by China! Lightning loves these guys even when you have the breaker shutoff.
  18. Rutherfordman

How to add a 2nd home onto an existing well system

We have shared wells which were drilled by the developer where I live. The yield of the well determined the number of houses. A 25 gpm well here supplies up to 11 houses. I agree with much that is said above about shared wells. You really need a legal well agreement form and you need easement...
  19. Rutherfordman

Reccommended water pressure in a building

80 psi is the maximum (plumbing code) you want to have in the distribution system. Greater pressure can cause fixtures to leak prematurely. If you have flush valves in lieu of tank type toilets then they require a greater pressure (27 psi min.) and as I believe was stated more volume (larger...
  20. Rutherfordman

Replacing Well Pump in Western Central FL

Just one note on running from a hose spigot to another. Many of the newer hose spigots on houses have a backflow preventer which will not allow water to be pumped into the house. Mine is this way. If like mine the backflow preventer (vacuum breaker) is part of the spigot instead of the threaded...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks