Search results

1. Chessiec

"Standard" shower/tub valve repair or replace?

I would really appreciate the opinion of the plumbers here on whether to repair or replace my "Standard" (American Standard?) shower/tub valve. It is dripping from the tub spout when turned off. I haven't been able to get the escutcheons off. They have either plumber's putty or plaster packed...
  2. Chessiec

Delta 2348 anywhere?

So in trying to figure out the best solution to replace an 8" spread, two handle tub shower faucet, I found some old ads on the web for the Delta 2348, which is a thermostatic valve with the two handles fitting right into the 8" spread of an old-style set up. There's a Danze that does the...
  3. Chessiec

Ideas for 2-handle tub diverter preserving tile?

Plumber has said my 1948 home's tub/shower faucet and tub diverter spout are shot. We have great vintage tile that we don't want to replace, and the cover-up with ears to cover holes from our 8" spread faucet (at least what I've seen at the big box) and go to a single handle set up looks rather...
  4. Chessiec

Toto Aquia II review, learnings

There's a general Aquia comment thread that got very long. So here's an Aquia II conversation opener. After lurking here and posting a few questions, we chose an Aquia II for our downstairs bathroom. I never anticipated loving a toilet and thinking it is "fun" to use! Strange but true. It...
  5. Chessiec

Low Map Scores? And help choosing

I read Terry's comments that any MaP score above 500 equals about the same performance. But it bugs me that the relatively reasonably-priced Totos mainly did about 500 in the last (Nov. 28: 13th ed) MaP testing when there are now so many toilets rating 1000. I'm not sure how to place this in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks