Search results

1. jeffResistor

1/2" PEX supply lines to Moen Shower valve

Thanks RUGGED. I guess I'll just redo the shower valve connection to reduce the strain and switch out all of my Zurn brass pieces with Viega bronze. Luckily I can still get to every connection I've made. I'm especially worried about the 3/4 inch connections between the water heater and the...
  2. jeffResistor

Bronze fittings? Hmmm, looks like on that class action web site, one of the companies switched to the Viega bronze fittings after hundreds of failures of the brass Zurn fittings. Any experience with Viega bronze? Now's the time for me to switch them out before the walls get closed in.
  3. jeffResistor

Thanks for all of the warnings! I'm kind of too far into the pex conversion to turn back, so I guess I'll have to wait and see what nightmares are in store for me in the next few years. I suppose I'll be leaving a $h1tl0ad of access panels everywhere I have a connection! And I'll be popping...
  4. jeffResistor

The original post was asking if he had to sweat copper stubs to attach to the shower valve in order to make the connection to PEX possible. That would mean two sweated copper joints per each connection in addition to the pex connection (one for the copper male adapter and one for the copper to...
  5. jeffResistor

Photos of PEX shower installation Here are a couple of photos showing the shower valve and head connections I described above. The shower valve: dead link The shower head elbow (note: the red pex coming out of the elbow is just for testing and keeping debris out while the concrete board and...
  6. jeffResistor

I realize I'm 2 years late on this, but I just connected a Moen shower valve yesterday with 1/2 in pex, and maybe I can help others who run across this thread. For the shower valve I used 1/2" PEX males adapters for the hot and cold in, as well as the out to the shower head. For the shower...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks