Search results

1. amateur_plumber

Post-power failure - bladder tank lost pressure - time to replace?

We had six days of power loss here in CT - when the power finally came back on, I noticed the pump was cycling on and off almost continuously. Specifically, my first shower, I noticed the pressure would decrease and then increase noticeably (with the lights flickering slightly) -- this...
  2. amateur_plumber

Review - Toto Promenade Elongated ADA C424EF

Just installed a new Promenade. The Model No. on the box is C424EF, but from Toto's website, it more closely matches this: http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail/tabid/75/Default.aspx?ProductId=27196995-0ac5-47e5-ace6-7c5d93abe7e8&SearchId=e4bc9c5c-f87a-46c9-8417-e84c1d717c47 I had actually sent...
  3. amateur_plumber

Pressure boost - 30psi tank w 30/50 switch - boost to 40/60?? good idea?

So, I have a big (42 gal?) pressure tank that says on its side "factory charged to 30 psi" It also has a 30/50 sqaure D pressure switch that I think needs changing. Reason I think it needs changing: when pressure drops to 30, pump kicks on. Pressure gets to around 50 then shoots up to 65...
  4. amateur_plumber

MYSTERY PART - and it's LEAKING - please tell me what this is

Take a look at the picture below. The leaking/dripping part is the thing that juts out from the main pipe. So help me out ....... what is this? Some kind of pressure release or something? Appears to be a brass fitting. Is this an easy replace? Screw off old, screw on new? Another...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks