Search results

1. Cyndical

Tankless/Boiler what's the difference?

Well, it is too late! With the leak, I didn't have the luxury of time to mull a decision over, so I hired the guy who said he would replace the tank only, which was the only damaged part. He installed an Aero from Bradford White which looks exactly like this Bock only flipped. And with the drain...
  2. Cyndical

Tankless/Boiler what's the difference?

Right now, I have an oil-fired water heater with a tank. It has sprung a leak in the tank, so this question is of some urgency as I have to replace it ASAP. Due to where I live in Ontario, CA, I don't have gas, I also have hard water. I've installed a softener and while that's helped a lot...
  3. Cyndical

Toilet + Sewage pump in basement

Well, the contractor let me down. After having more than 5 weeks (!) to break out the one big rock, he left it to the last minute and then didn't show up yesterday like he said he was going to. And now, I've had to cancel everything else and due to winter coming on, I won't get my new basement...
  4. Cyndical

I'm not sure just how much head room there will be, the concrete is going to be poured on Monday, but it won't be a standard 8' high ceiling. The toilet may have to be installed on a small subfloor like Dri-Core and the tile, to keep as much height as possible. I don't know if a "real" subfloor...
  5. Cyndical

Okey-dokey. This whole plan is out. Gone. They dug down and hit rock (which I told them they would) and there's not enough depth for a standard sewage pump. They can't get a shallow one for four weeks and I'm at the end of my tether. So, as an alternative, the plumber has suggested a Saniflo...
  6. Cyndical

Well, I wasn't going to put up the one wall until the fixtures were in! :D And, the way I have it laid out, the plumbing will all be exposed in the laundry room, where only the furnace will ever see it, so I hope it's not too bad to install. I wish there was more room, but there's not. Trust...
  7. Cyndical

Right now, my basement floor is almost completely ripped up. Suffice it to say that the people who poured it originally were either on drugs or, as I often say, enthusiastic amateurs. Yes, it was that bad. Anyway, all this floor being ripped up and re-poured has given me the opportunity to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks