Search results

1. faucetman886

40-Gal Elec. Hot Water Heater running out too soon

The element is a good guess but it could also be a broken or deteriorated dip tube. The dip tube is the tube that carries cold water from the top where the hot water is to the bottom to be heated. If it isnt going down deep enough it ends up forcing more cold water into the tank. Either way...
  2. faucetman886

Off white particles from WH flush

It sounds like particulate matter from the disolved anode.
  3. faucetman886

warm water from the cold faucet?

Is the water in the toilet tank when it refills also warm? Is there a central water heater for all of the apartments? If yes to both you could have a over heating HW heater that the T&P valve isnt functioning. I have run across this 3 times in the last 3 weeks on various forums. Potentially very...
  4. faucetman886

Grohe ladylux plus

TED, like many of the better faucet manufacturers I believe Grohe offers a lifetime guarantee on parts and fixtures. Call Grohe- 1-800-444-7643 customer service describe the problem, provide the model # if you have it maybe digital pic that you can email to them and I believe they will provide...
  5. faucetman886

I want to get rid of the dishwasher because I don't ever use it!

THANK Y'ALL does this mean you really like me?? or should I keep my day job?
  6. faucetman886

Faucets

Danze is a everyone as said, an import and inexpensive but known for their high style. As with most things you get what you pay for. As far as Grohe, I have the "Bridgeford" and think it is great and well worth the money. It replaced a POS Kohler that after just 2 years wouldnt reseat itself...
  7. faucetman886

I want to get rid of the dishwasher because I don't ever use it!

The last house i built had a small kitchen and because it was just my youngest son and me I decided I didnt want a dishwasher and opted for more cabinet space. I was reminded by my builder that I was VERY MUCH a minority in that option because the vast majority of folks buying a home expect a...
  8. faucetman886

tighten shower pipe without scratching it ??

I have used an old leather belt or a piece of scrap leather to insolate the pipe wrench from the pipe. If you soak the leather in water it makes it even less likely to do any damage. As the years have gone by and my waist size has grown I always have extra belts..LOL
  9. faucetman886

Looking for Grohe 19 294 in chrome 000 finish

Well you can't fault me for trying...LOL! It was a good idea anyway. I also called 2 Grohe dealers that I have done business with to see if they could get their hands on one, somehow, but no luck.
  10. faucetman886

American Standard Toilets

I have to say that until recently I have gone through life not really giving much consideration to the type toilet I had. I was more concerned with the type car in the driveway and other things. About 5 years ago I was diagnosed with Parkinson's which eventually forced my retirement and caused...
  11. faucetman886

Toilet Purchase Advice Please

I agree that the money difference you pay to get the Toto is well worth it. Another way to look at the price issue, regardless of what your future intentions are, is that as a non DIYer one visit from the plumber to unstop or repair thst Gerber will quickly erase any savings you made on the...
  12. faucetman886

Difficult faucet requirement

Here is the Grohe technical support line number 1-800-44GROHE and see if their tech guys have any suggestions for you.Its worth a try. Hope it helps
  13. faucetman886

kitchen faucet

Redwood is right You get what you pay for in the long run and quality is the issue. With so many faucet products being made overseas, mostly china, I feel that it is very important to buy either a solid American brand such as Moen, which stands behind their product or as an alternative the...
  14. faucetman886

My Toto clogged! Would a Pressure Assist be better?

As much as I hate to admit it, I agree with Terry I know one of the largest TOTO dealers in the south and he also sells several other brands, and he reports that the Drake is the far superior solution to the commercial or residential clog situation bit care does have to be taken with any toilet...
  15. faucetman886

Toto Drake bolt cover part #

Toto Number I have a friend that is a major TOTO dealer, he does not have the parts but was kind enough to provide the TOTO parts customer service number...1-888-295-8134 Hope this helps Richard
  16. faucetman886

Help needed: small Toto toilet w/ 10" rough-in

TOTO 10" rough in I ran across this problem on another forum the other day and the answer was recommended as a "closet flange". Try calling a TOTO dealer or distributor for a definitive answer
  17. faucetman886

Matching American Standard, Kohler, Toto color in Bone-almond and Linen-biscuit-beige

Kohler biscuit I can confirm that Sedona Beige is the TOTO corresponding color to Kohler Biscuit.
  18. faucetman886

Online suppliers for DIY-ers?

The net is full of sources I have recently had some experience with some internet sites for plumbing products, who knew that this industry existed? My first thought was to just go to the closest HD, Lowes or Ace and get what I needed. With my recent experiences I have found 3 really significant...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks