Search results

1. KKfromNJ

So I have weird rhythmic bang/knock

So I have a weird rhythmic bang/knock coming from my water heater. Heard it last month, disappeared but now it's back. The first audio is right up against the water heater. The 2nd is the floor directly above the water heater over the kitchen sink.
  2. KKfromNJ

Heard this humming sound in the basement

Heard this humming sound in the basement and in the above bathroom. Used the cold water faucet several times, hum went away (for now?)
  3. KKfromNJ

The tale of the thumping faucet

Installed a new single lever kitchen faucet and shut off valves. Every time we use it there is a thumping sound. Been doing it for 2 days. If I remove the aerator the sound disappears. Tried the old aerator with the same result. There seems to be more thumps after it sits for a few minutes and...
  4. KKfromNJ

My water pressure education

So, this all started with a simply water heater replacement. My parent’s 70-year-old home has an open water system; they never had a water pressure regulator. I’ve learned a lot since posting about a “vacuum relief valveâ€. My Dad’s a tad set in his ways, “We’ve lived all these years...
  5. KKfromNJ

Vacuum relief valve?

I live in New Jersey and am replacing a 10 year old gas water heater; the instructions (Kenmore) mention a expansion tank or a vacuum relief valve. We have neither now, do I need one, is it required? Thanks KK
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks