Search results

1. craftech

Can you recommend a replacement for Norton 201N?

These Norton 201N ignitors go every two years. White-Rogers 50E47 Hot Surface Ignition on Weil McLain HE boiler. There has to be something better. Any suggestions? Thanks, John
  2. craftech

Recommendation for Sand or Spin-down filter?

Hello again, I don't have a lot of water pressure and am tired of losing 7 PSI from the 5 Micron whole house filter. I understand that a sand filter or spin-down filter would not cause such a loss. Any recommendations? John
  3. craftech

Sentry I or something similar?

I'll check it again next week. Also, the pump specs that would match a requirement for a 400 foot depth at 10-15 gpm at 60 psi would require a pump in the 3HP range such as the 3HP Goulds 10GS30 or larger. At least 10 gage or thicker wire too. http://www.goulds.com/pdf/7310.pdf Is that...
  4. craftech

Poly Pipe..Is 200psi overkill?

Thanks guys, 200 psi was very common when original pipe was installed. 160 psi seems like a good choice these days according to these responses. John
  5. craftech

Sorry, well is 420 - pump is at 400 feet. John
  6. craftech

I have 200 psi 1" poly pipe in a 400 foot deep well. Is that overkill? There is also 100 psi poly pipe and 160 psi poly pipe. What do you guys use for 1 inch poly pipe? John
  7. craftech

I am not in a drought. What other questions? I didn't see any other questions. Draw down? Just had a water quality test done today. Note: I chlorinated the well two days ago so not sure about accuracy: Hardness: 3 gpg Iron: 0.3 ppm/mg/l pH: 8.1 TDS: 201 mg/l John
  8. craftech

Thanks for the response Gary. It was actually a poster on that other thread that I linked that recommended I pull up the 18 stage older F&W pump and the new 1HP I recently attached to it (in place of the 3/4 HP motor that belongs on it) because as the poster said it makes no difference - and he...
  9. craftech

I plan to lower the pump in the well another 10 feet. Currently it is 20 feet above the bottom. I will check the water level and well depth when I pull it again, but I know I raised the pump 10 feet around fifteen years ago so it should be fine. Thanks for the advice regarding the sand...
  10. craftech

5GPM pump. https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22835 Thanks Gary, Regards, John
  11. craftech

How Gary? The sediment I have coming up is outrageous. The 5 micron Whole House filter has to be changed every week and starts out tasking away 7 psi with a new filter and graduallly reduces by 12 psi when it gets completely clogged. I am used to gray to black water in the house. We...
  12. craftech

When I posted questions about the pump it seemed that with a 4GPM well the best pump would be a 5GPM 1HP pump with at least 20 stages that could sustain 4GPM at 60 psi. That's what I bought. It cannot keep up with showers, watering, laundry, and toilets flushing. The house is too large...
  13. craftech

Thanks Gary, I need additional water pressure for my rather large house and some sort of retention tank with enough reserve for the demand. I also have the extra space to install a retention tank. At least three or four feet of extra space which I intentionally left when I re-did the...
  14. craftech

Hi, This forum has been so much help to my family I don't know how to thank all of you enough. After 25 years of replacing pump motors and pumps every five years I finally think I am set with that project thanks to all of you. I will end with 4GPM @60psi into my existing 86 Gal pressure...
  15. craftech

Goulds: Check valve below the pitless not at tank?

That's a really clear and detailed explanation. Thank you (and the others) for taking the time to help me with these problems. Very much appreciated. John
  16. craftech

Unions. Yes or NO?

Again Cass, I don't like McBush's voting record. If you actually do like their policies and actually know what they are - vote for him. He is going to win anyway. John
  17. craftech

Unions. Yes or NO?

I am voting for Obama, but I predicted that McCain would win in 2008 back in 2004 and again in 2006. If you would like, I can probably find some old posts on another forum to prove I predicted it. There will never be another Democrat who will be president in my lifetime. The news media will...
  18. craftech

Unions. Yes or NO?

A blog? Is that the best you can do? C'mon now, don't be lazy. Lay out an intelligent argument using transcripts and quotes "in context", public records, etc. like I did. I maintain that the news media is electing Republicans and keeping them in power and the public is being fed...
  19. craftech

Goulds: Check valve below the pitless not at tank?

Could they have been talking about wells with plenty of output and plenty of water pressure instead of the low yield wells that a lot of people like myself have? John
  20. craftech

Unions. Yes or NO?

You provide a link to a "book" written by David Freddoso and I am supposed to take it as the truth. Provide links to actual statements, public records, etc like I do. Do some work to make your point. And where are those "liberal media" examples I asked for? If you will do a little bit of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks