Search results

1. Littlebrook

Re-use neoprene gasket?

Hi, I need to remove a floor-mounted, back outlet toilet to put in new flooring. It has a neoprene ring to connect the flange to the toilet and I was wondering if I can just re-use the same one or do I need to get a new one? Thanks Chun
  2. Littlebrook

Green copper pipes

Hi, I was wondering whether I should worry about green patches appearing on my copper pipes, especially around the joints? Thanks
  3. Littlebrook

Sealing around shower handles

Hi, I found a small puddle of water in the basement below the bathroom and traced it to a small leak/drip coming from around shower handle wall tube. I think the water is running down the tile walls and getting behind the escutcheon, then making its way through the wall. I pulled it off and...
  4. Littlebrook

Furnace filter restricting airflow?

Hi, I have a 1993 vintage Carrier furnace that has been cycling frequently and takes forever to reach the set temperature (probably 1-2 degree change per hour!). Yesterday the furnace stopped working so I changed the filter and reset which got it going again so it seemed like the furnace was...
  5. Littlebrook

Can't find shut off valves

Hi, I am thinking about changing my kitchen faucet but when I looked under the sink, I noticed that the supply lines do not have shut off valves. I followed the pipes down through the basement and cannot see shutoffs anywhere along the line. The hotwater appears to run straight from the water...
  6. Littlebrook

Aqua Touch Kitchen faucet

Hi, I have an Aqua-touch pull-out kitchen faucet (model 7811) that drips. I can't seem to find much info about this brand of faucets online and don't know how to fix it. Any ideas? Thanks
  7. Littlebrook

Plumber qualifications

Hi, I'm looking to find someone to do some work for me soon and have a question about qualifcations. Is there a difference between a "Licensed Plumber" and a "Licensed Master Plumber"? I see the two terms used in many ads but don't know what it means. Thanks
  8. Littlebrook

cleaning products and septics

Hi, Does anyone know if the Scrubbing bubbles toilet cleaning gel would harm a septic system? On their website it says safe for septics but the packaging has all sorts of poison warnings on it but no information on what it actually contains. Seems like it would be similar to those blue tabs...
  9. Littlebrook

replacing neoprene gasket

Hi, I posted a few months back about my floor mounted rear-outlet toilet that had intermiitant leaking. Well I finally got around to replacing the neoprene gasket and found that the toilet had originally been installed with a wax ring! I cleaned off as much of the wax as I could and...
  10. Littlebrook

Floor register

Hi, Can someone tell me how to secure a floor register to the floor? Whoever installed the current register just left it sitting loosely in the hole in the hardwood floors, but my 2 yr old son loves to pull up the register and stuff things into the ducts so I need to find a way to attach...
  11. Littlebrook

Basement venting-Is this right?

Hi, Can someone comment on the plumbing in my basement half bath. It looks like the sink and toilet both wet vent into the main stack which drains the bathroom located directly above (all the fixtures upstairs drain to the main stack). I have included a picture. from this forum, I understand...
  12. Littlebrook

5 1/2" wall rough-in

Hi, Has anyone ever seen a 5 1/2" rough-in for a floor-mounted rear outlet toilet? My home was built in 1965 but I am not sure if the toilet was installed then or at a later date. I thought that floor mount rear outlet toilets usually have a 4" rough-in. I need to replace the leaking seal at...
  13. Littlebrook

Replacing rear-outlet neoprene gasket

Hi, My floor-mount, rear-outlet toilet is leaking so I plan to replace the gasket. The local plumbing supply store sold me a neoprene gasket that is 3/4'' thick, with a 3 3/8'' ID and 5 1/2'' OD, flat on one side and tapered on the other. I was told this should work fine and that if it didn't...
  14. Littlebrook

Basic teflon tape question

Hi, How many times do you need to wrap teflon tape around a screw thread to make sure that it doesn't leak? Thanks
  15. Littlebrook

Rear-outlet toilet: leak or condensation?

Rear-outlet toilet leaking Hi, I have an old floor mounted rear flush toilet that seems to have water collecting under it. In the past, when our septic has backed up, I have noticed water leaking from under the toilet which I put down to a bad seal. However, we have recently had our septic...
  16. Littlebrook

How sturdy are wall mount toilets?

Hi, I am considering replacing a rear-flush toilet that is currently mounted on a pedestal with a wall mount unit such as the American Standard Glenwall. I understand that I will need a wall carrier bolted to a very sturdy frame to hang the toilet. My question is, how much weight can you put...
  17. Littlebrook

Stripes over leach field

Hi, We had our leach field replaced about 3 months ago with new infiltrator chambers after our 43 yr old pipe and gravel system collapsed. I've since re-planted grass seed over the leach field but now I've noticed that I have yellowish-green stripes interspersed with normal green grass over...
  18. Littlebrook

Plumbers Putty and PVC

Hi, I think I may have done something bad. I used plumber's putty on the thread of a 3 inch PVC drainout cap on the advice of my father-in-law. Now the cap is firmly stuck and won't budge. I now see that the instructions on the putty say not to use on plastic. Have I ruined the cleanout? It...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks