Search results

1. WV Hillbilly

Sewer Smell In Guest Bath

House was built in 03 , started noticing odor in 06 . Only get odor in winter when temps drop . Vent pipe goes up inside wall & exits above ridge line of house roof . What could cause this odor to show up in cold weather . Rest of house is fine . Everything drains fine . House has septic tank &...
  2. WV Hillbilly

What's in my water

What substance in well water causes a shiny yellow film in the toilet bowl from the water line down ?
  3. WV Hillbilly

Where to buy jaswell seal ?

Anyone know of a website that sells jaswell seals or a commonly known store chain that sells them . Also do some makers & sellers refer to jaswell seals as well packers ? Thanks in advance .
  4. WV Hillbilly

Disposer (Disposal) Questions

I don't have a disposal (Disposer) at my current residence & will probably install one soon . I installed a 1/2 HP disposal at my former residence & a 1/2 HP at my mothers home . Neither had any problems with having enough power to grind whatever was put in them . I see disposals from 1/3 HP to...
  5. WV Hillbilly

Quick question about the green dot

I assume if the green dot is on by user names that the user is online & logged on this website . Correct ?
  6. WV Hillbilly

Professional opinions on these .

I have read several threads where people are having problems with sand in their water systems . I just found a website that sells these sand seperators . If these work , might be a solution . ALL LAKOS SAND SEPARATORS WILL SHIP DIRECT FROM THE FACTORY. LAKOS Sand Separators help to protect...
  7. WV Hillbilly

Don't Understand This Problem

My kitchen faucet has a spout that swivels . There are two rubber o-rings that seals the spout . The faucet spout was leaking where it swivels so I took it apart & cleaned the o-rings , the grooves they fit in , & the inside of the spout . The o-rings fit tight in their grooves . I didn't use...
  8. WV Hillbilly

Kohler Kitchen Faucet ?

I have a kohler kitchen faucet that has two o - rings that seal the spout . The spout swivels . The faucet was leaking from underneath the spout . I removed the spout , removed the o-rings & cleaned everything . I used faucet grease on the o-rings & corresponding spout areas & put everything...
  9. WV Hillbilly

Just out of curiousity !

I was once at a persons home & their well had a pump house built over it . The water was spraying out of the well seal & hitting the roof of the pump house & dripping down everywhere . They had a ditch that carried the water out of the pump house & over the bank . They also said the well sprayed...
  10. WV Hillbilly

? about caulking toilet bowls

I have read several people state that they caulk around the bowl where it meets the floor . This doesn't seem like a good idea to me . If the wax ring was to leak the water would be trapped under the bowl & you wouldn't know there was a leak untill the floor rotted out . I have also read about...
  11. WV Hillbilly

Electric motor wiring ?

My father-in-law has a machine in his shop that runs off an electric motor . There is a plate on the motor that has diagrams that shows how to wire the motor for 120 v or 240 v . The motor has 4 wires coming out that are numbered 1-2-3-4 . For the 240 v connection it shows 2&3 together & 1 & 4...
  12. WV Hillbilly

Building a shower ??

I have 2 full baths & am considering removing 1 of the tubs & building a shower in its place . The question I have is , does anyone make 4x8 sheets of waterproof material that would be suitable to glue to drywall ? I was thinking of a finished product with some type of pattern , tile , brick ...
  13. WV Hillbilly

Instant hot water

I am thinking of purchasing & installing a hot water recirculation device so I can get hot water to my faucets faster . So far I have read about the Watts , the Autocirc , the Chilipepper & the hot water Lobster . I plan on installing the device under the bathroom sink which is the furthest...
  14. WV Hillbilly

PRV's

I have recently read several threads about expansion tanks being needed if a prv is used . I am confused about this . I own a home I once lived in & now use as a rental . It has public water & the incoming pressure is 110 #'s . I installed a prv at the water meter which is about 200 feet from...
  15. WV Hillbilly

Shocking a well ?????

Several people seem to think shocking a well with chlorine can cause problems . I realize it is important to rinse the chlorine off the inside of the well casing , drop pipe & pump wires . What other problems is shocking a well likely to cause ? Thanks in advance .
  16. WV Hillbilly

Natural gas air conditioner ???

I have a natural gas well on my property & receive free gas from the well . Naturally all possible appliances & furnace are gas . I have an electric central air conditioner & would like to switch to a gas unit . I have read that these units are made but can't seem to find them . Does anyone know...
  17. WV Hillbilly

Question about C S V's

I have read quite a bit about csv's & from what I understand , basically the csv restricts water flow / volume . This restriction causes higher pressure between the csv & the pump & due to lower volume the water pressure between the csv & the pressure switch remains to low to cut off the switch...
  18. WV Hillbilly

Well water test results

Total Alumimum - ND mg/l PQL-0.04 MCL-(0.05) Total Barium - 0.56 mg/l PQL-0.05 MCL- 2.0 Total Iron - 0.12 mg/l PQL-0.01 MCL- (0.3) Total Alkanity - 209 mg/l PQL-2.81 Turbidity -34 N.T.U. PQL-0.22 E. coli Absent Total Coliform...
  19. WV Hillbilly

Bacteria in water system

After a heavy rain my well water got turbid . I purchased a maytag/g e homespring off that big auction site . It was new in factory box . I installed a bypass so I could get water without going through the filter . Before I ran any water through the filter I used a bacteria test like lowe's...
  20. WV Hillbilly

Question for Alternety or anyone else .

I would like to buy a ss mesh prefilter for my maytag/ge homespring filter . I don't have a part # . Can anyone help me with a part # & price of the filter I'm looking for ? Thanks I have the maytag mwf 3100 .
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks