Search results

1. Dino

Garbage Disposers - Plumbing Contractor Grade vs. Orange Depot?

Having trouble with our 20 + year old (?) InSinkErator 333 garbage disposal. It was installed by a plumber/neighbor prior to our purchase of the house. It has worked fine for the 18 years that we have used it. The problem started with a jam. I was able to clean it out and losen the fly wheel...
  2. Dino

beadboard in bathroom

plywood? What about plywood bead board? Perhaps more stable than the mdf(?) Again, I think I would back prime and seal any joints.
  3. Dino

Jacuzzi Tub Pre-intallation testing ?

I was reading through the Jacuzzi installation instructions on-line prior to picking up the tub just to make sure a have all my bases covered and have no surprises. I don't know if installers in the real world actually read and follow these documents to a "T", but I came across the folowing...
  4. Dino

American Standard vs. Jacuzzi (?)

Thanks Guys! The Jacuzzi Tub has 10 jets total. I can't recall right off hand how many the A.S. had (8, I think) It sure would be nice if there were actual working displays of these things! When we bought our outdoor hot tub many years ago, the dealer actually had about a half dozen different...
  5. Dino

American Standard vs. Jacuzzi (?)

I know there were some related posts several months back, but I'm curious about both the professional's viewpoint and homeowners viewpoint. I'm looking at purchasing an "off the shelf" whirlpool bath that will fit into a standard 32"x60" space. Home Depot carries the American Standard "Lifetime...
  6. Dino

Tub Opinions / Recommendations?

Thanks for the tips. Yeah, I'm aware of the additional requirements. At this point the room is nearly gutted and I'm changing from a right hand tub to a left, so there's already miscellaneous plumbing mods involved. Because it's gutted, everything is accessible, and nearly anything possible...
  7. Dino

Tub Opinions / Recommendations?

I was planning to have my existing cast iron tub refinished as part of a bath remodel. Every place I called told me it would cost about 300 bucks. On place offered several different opions...the basic resin epoxy for $300 (3 year), an enamal finish for $375 (5 year) or a "custom fit" acrylic...
  8. Dino

At least my kids know how to us a plunger!

One advantage to having one of those "depot cheapo" toilets is that my kids (8 & 10 year olds) effectively know how to plunge a toilet. You'd think they'd learn to use less paper, but N0-00000 the plunger has just become part 2 of the flushing process. A toilet replcement coming soon, hopefully...
  9. Dino

Preferred Toilet Flange?

My daughter dropped an earring down the drain. We recovered it ok, but one thing led to another and now the room is gutted ready for a complete remodel. I've replaced all the 50+ year old cast iron waste pipe with ABS. My question is what is the preferred (I'm only going to do this once)...
  10. Dino

Nat. Gas Piping to Barbeque

Thanks guys. Not a hell of alot of information on the web about gas piping! I came across a utility company in Michigan with a link to another company that will sell "cut to order" lengths of polyethylene tubing complete with fused fittings at each end to allow homeowner's, farmers, etc to...
  11. Dino

Nat. Gas Piping to Barbeque

I am pouring a new concrete slab patio next month. I have a gas line stubbed out the side of the house for a future barbeque. I need to extend the piping for the barbeque under the slab to it's final location prior to the placing concrete. What is the best way to accomplish this? Some time ago...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks