Search results

1. nc8861

Installing coupling/pipe/bend in a tight space

I'm replacing a closet bend and a small section of 3" pipe going out to the main stack. My bend currently comes right up against a joist. So I don't really have much clearance on that end - and of course I don't have any clearance on the stack end. I have to cut the current stuff out, install a...
  2. nc8861

Double fixture tee or double sanitary tee?

For DWV on a single vanity to double vanity conversion. Double sanitary: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/small/SMALL-1WHU8.JPG Double fixture: http://images.grainger.com/images/products/1CNT8.JPG Can anyone recommend an online site for ABS fittings such as this (also on a...
  3. nc8861

Double vanity from single

We had a single sink vanity in place. Now we're remodeling and will be getting a 60" double sink vanity. Unfortunately I cannot use the stubs/drain that are existing, because the vanity has cabinet/drawer vertical supports that are right where the current supplies stub out. Can someone tell...
  4. nc8861

Add flange extender or replace the whole thing?

I'm redoing a bathroom - I have the floor up already, and subfloor. I'm coming back in with another layer of plywood and ceramic tile, so the floor will be slightly higher....higher than I want it to be with the existing flange. If you all pros were doing this, would you just keep what is...
  5. nc8861

3" 90 street bend with long end?

Sorry for my ignorance, but is there such a thing? I'm replacing a toilet flange and the bend that comes up to the toilet but b/c of the height requirements (the floor's going to be slightly higher than it used to be), it would be really great if the male end of the street bend were longer, and...
  6. nc8861

shower drain & p trap code question

Watching some TLC tonight on some home improvement show and this guy says that according to code, compression fittings on a shower p trap can't be used in an area where you can't get to - the example on the show was a second floor bathroom between floor joists. Is this true? Does everything...
  7. nc8861

shower p trap 101 needed

I've pulled out everything in our bath remodel, down to the subfloor & studs. We had a 60" x 32ish" shower with center drain on a 30 yr old mud bed. No membrane, and eventually the water got through. Around the drain is really nasty - lots of concrete stuck to the flange/drain. Pretty sure...
  8. nc8861

slow shower leak from supply/valve

I have no clue about plumbing, which you may notice from my lack of proper terminology and poor explanation, but I'm relatively handy and hope I can do this myself. We're redoing our bathroom and I've redone electrical and framed out a wall, and put in a pocket door. Anyway - after removing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks