Search results

1. T

Xantrex DR 2412

I am looking for a Xantrex DR 2412 I know that they have been replaced by the TR series but I use Nicad batteries and it does not work. Any assistance would be greatly appreciatted. Thank you, Kevin
  2. T

What is the name of the tool??

If you do any work on barbed wire fences you will appreciatte these to say the least!!! Just ask a good ole' farm boy :D Tundra
  3. T

Finding Hot disconnect

Chris, If you read the entire post you would have noticed that I was in agreement with what I referred to as the common sense approach as in 99% of installations it would not be an issue. However, as I stated it is illogical to me to protect a device with something that has the potential to...
  4. T

Finding Hot disconnect

Speedy, My bad....keep forgetting you're down there. We do have 20a recepts that don't require any funky plug and use them quite regularily in garages for chop saws etc. I can see the common sense side of your argument and agree but I don't really see the LOGIC in putting a 15a recept on a...
  5. T

AFCI breakers tripping every 7 days

When it became code here we changed out breakers for arc fault up at the mine (about 250 of them.....real joy doing that hot by the way). We had quite a few that would trip right away but this was usually fixed by tightening all the connections and taping them over. There was one that we...
  6. T

3-Way Switch help

I'm pretty sure they play it up a little bit on the show ;) That's where all of us learned how to drive......lotsa fun pulling e-brakes at 100+....ohhh to be kidz again!! It's a little interesting at the end of the season but the road itself gets to 6+ feet after the traffic is on it for...
  7. T

3-Way Switch help

Hey Oxi, Actually a real life Homer Simpson. Not as responsible as Homer because I'm a hydro guy.....nuclear. I ain't that bright. I spend a lot of time on the ice roads but it's because I like chasing wolves:D I worked at Ekati (diamond mine) for 10 years but the camp life was a...
  8. T

3-Way Switch help

Looks like you're good to go. Nice drawings by the way.....I know 5 year olds that are more computer literate than I am :o Respectfully, Tundra
  9. T

Florecent light question

Replace the lamp....if it doesn't work....replace the ballast. If the room is really cold this could have the same effect but this is not likely the case. Make sure that it is the proper lamp for the ballast....it will say on the ballast what type of tube you need. t
  10. T

3-Way Switch help

Turn off the breaker Take 11 and 12 to the light....connect 12 & 6. From the light take a 3 wire #14 to one of the switches...connect the white wire to your hot (11) and hook it up to the single side of the 3-way. Hook the blk & red to the other side of the switch. Run another 3 wire...
  11. T

Finding Hot disconnect

Your receptacles should not be on a 20A circuit unless they are rated for 20A...you will see this on the receptacle. 99% of the recepts out there are rated at 15A. Standard switches are rated at 15A. If you are using 12awg wire you may put in a 20A breaker but your receptacles and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks