Search results

1. socal

Bath/Shower Valve-More than 1 45 elbow okay?

DiY, reworking my master bath tub. Want to have a wall mount valve and tub filler but a deckmount hand held personal shower wand. Bought a tub/shower valve and trim with a diverter on the valve. Is it okay to use more than one 45 elbow from the shower output of the valve to get the copper...
  2. socal

Higher seat height Toto? Alternative?

Toto doesn't seem to have a onepiece toilet with the higher seat height. Which of the two piece higher height toilets of Toto's are recommended? Are there any good alternative brands that are onepiece? I'd like a good solid performer that is NOT loud and not too high priced. Elongated...
  3. socal

Toto Ultramax, Could be happier, another option?

Replaced an old builders special high flow last year with the Toto Ultramax one piece elongated, non-CEFIONTECT, 1.6gal. The Ultramax flushes well, doesn't sound too loud, has never run slowly or clogged but it has a drawback. Solid waste seems to leave skid marks sometimes (more often than...
  4. socal

Does a drain come with bath hardware?

My tub, surround, and hardware are ordered and due in shortly. It has suddenly occurred to me that I never saw a drain in all the pictures of the hardware. Do bathtub drains come with the tub/shower hardware? If not, where would I find one in brushed nickel finish? And what do I ask for?
  5. socal

Refinishing?

Thinking about refinishing my tub. Not sure how to tell whether the tub I have is fiberglass or acrylic, but it is not metal. Are there any good products for a diy to use? I have an HVLP sprayer available to me if needed. It is in pretty good shape, no cracks. Does the coating hold up or...
  6. socal

Americast or Vickrell or ???

I'm a lady and can't lug a cast iron tub up the stairs. I'm going to do this project myself, replacing an old fiberglass all in one unit that has yellowed and finally cracked and needs to go. So what I am after is a good alternative tub material. I have found American Standard Americast tubs...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks