Search results

1. J

Water Pump Turning On and Off

I guess I can wrap this up. I guess the problem was that the pipe going into the water tank was frozen and the switch flicked off because it couldn't pump into it. After heating the pipe, the pump performed normally.
  2. J

I turned the pump on again with water running and it ran a couple minutes and hte flicker came back. I'm going to keep warming up the area so I try to remove any ice from the picture here.
  3. J

Ok, now I can turn the pump on and it doesn't flicker. What's bothering me now is that what happens if the switch is bad and not turning off. If the pump continues to run, than I'm going to have serious problems. How long should the pump run without turning off? How long should I let it...
  4. J

What is the bladder tank and the 1/4: pressure tube? I'm really lost on this. I understand locking the switch on is a bad thing. How long can I have it on at a time? If I have water running in a shower, for instance, will having the pump running all the time still give me too much pressure?
  5. J

More information: I took some clamps and locked the switch in the on position and turned on the pump. The pump started running, all the water in the house ran and everything appeared normal. The obvious problem here is that the pump was locked on. I let the pump run a while, turned off...
  6. J

It's about 0 degree here and out pipes tend to freeze in the cold whether. We try to keep the water running but sometimes they still freeze up. When we do, we put a hair dryer on them and it gets them going. The pipes froze this morning and when we heated the pipes and got them going again...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks