Search results

1. P

Trap-to-stack distance - how big a fuss to make?

Good point. If it's going to be flagged in the inspection I'm better bringing it to their attention now while the work is still fresh rather than waiting. If the GC says it's no issue and it passes inspection ok.
  2. P

Trap-to-stack distance - how big a fuss to make?

Hi all I'm having a GC do a fairly large project on my house, and the plumbing sub has done pretty good work to date. Having done a lot of my own plumbing in the past I'm pretty familiar with the code. At the moment they are roughing in a shower drain. I can't tell 100% that they are done...
  3. P

Cast iron vs PVC sanity check

Thanks for all the advice. We're going to replace the smaller stack which is in questionable shape. The bigger stack appears to be in solid condition and we'll likely leave the vertical portion if a close inspection doesn't find any problems. If it becomes an issue in the future the stack is...
  4. P

Cast iron vs PVC sanity check

Hi all Quick question for the board - I'm a homeowner hiring out for a substantial second floor rehab project in a 100+ year old house that includes some plumbing. In general I do my own plumbing or hire plumbers and this company is new to me. Part of the project includes relocating some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks