Search results

1. tonyn1

Water Recirculating Pump Tripping Thermostat on Water Heater

I started another post thinking that there was a problem with my water heater thermostat, which I ended up replacing. But my water heater works fine, except when I run the Watts recirculating pump I have installed in the system and then it trips the thermostat after working and doing what it...
  2. tonyn1

Water Heater Keeps Popping Internal Breaker

I have a 50 gallon AO Smith electric water heater installed upstairs in my 2 level condo. My condo is only 3 years old, and so of course so is the water heater. I didn't know it when I bought the house, but the hot water has to travel a long way from the heater to the kitchen sink and it would...
  3. tonyn1

Putting in a Bigger Sump Pit

I've been wanting to install a new sump pump along with a battery backup, as my pump is rather old and didn't have a backup. The only problem is, all of the equipment I've tried is too big to fit in my pit. It is like 16" inches at the top, and narrows down to about 13" at the bottom. Is it even...
  4. tonyn1

Water Heater Valve

I have an Envirotemp model G1H4040T3NV water heater that has a problem of the pilot light not staying lit. I previously replaced the thermocouple and that fixed the problem for a few months, but then it started not working again. I tried another thermocouple, but it did not do it this time. I...
  5. tonyn1

Room Needed for Bathtub Drain

I'm planning on installing a bathtub on a second floor addition I'm adding to my house. I have 10" joists up there. Is there going to be enough room to put a bathtub drain and trap underneath this? I can't go directly down either, and must do a 90 over to where I can connect to the main drain...
  6. tonyn1

Cutting Black Iron Pipe

I'm replacing my black cast iron sewer drain pipes with PVC as I'm remodeling and adding new fixtures. The iron pipe comes into the house and I don't want to go to the expense of replacing that part. I want to transition to the PVC about a foot or so above where it comes into the house. My...
  7. tonyn1

Rough-in Plumbing Questions

I am trying to get an attic prepped for a later remodel. This project is not on the front burner now, but I want to have the plumbing ready to go when I'm ready to finish, as it will go through walls below, and I may have to tear into some walls to accomplish this. Anyhow, I wish to install a...
  8. tonyn1

Kitchen Sink Water Feed

I'm running new plumbing to under the kitchen sink using PEX. I have a dishwasher also. Do I run 1/2 or do I need 3/4 to supply both?
  9. tonyn1

Fixture Colors

This is really driving me nuts. I'm trying to find fixtures for my bathroom remodel. I'm replacing the tub, toilet, and sink. I'm trying to get them the same color, anything but white as that is so boring, but unless I order everything from the same company, I'm having trouble matching colors...
  10. tonyn1

Sink Pump Plumbing Questions

I'm installing a sink pump in my basement which does not have access to a drain unless I go up. After looking at several units, I'm thinking of using a Liberty 404 unit because it is compact enough to fit under a laundry sink. The document at...
  11. tonyn1

Sink Pump Plumbing

I want to install a sink pump in the basement of my house as I don't have a floor drain that goes to the sanitary sewer line. I also want to use this so I can have a washing machine in the basement. First off, what is the best one of these to buy? Do I need a 1/3 hp one or is 1/4 hp sufficient...
  12. tonyn1

Auto Water Shutoff

I recently had a main valve go bad on a dishwasher which resulted in some flooding of my residence, but fortunately I was home so it was not as bad as it could have been. I had a new valve installed as the unit was still under warranty and all appears well. However, when I went out of state over...
  13. tonyn1

Connecting Plastic Fittings to Copper

I'm just installing a water softener which has a plastic, which I believe is nylon, valve. I ran 3/4 copper lines down to it on which I installed a 3/4 x 1" threaded female copper fittings. I put teflon tape on the male plastic fittings and installed. When I turned the water back on, I noticed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks