Search results

1. tonyn1

Water Recirculating Pump Tripping Thermostat on Water Heater

I thought I explained it pretty well. If I don't run the recirculating pump, the thermostat doesn't trip, but then it takes forever to get hot water where I need it, which is why I installed the pump in the first place. It had been working fine for 3 years, but suddenly is making the thermostat...
  2. tonyn1

Water Recirculating Pump Tripping Thermostat on Water Heater

I started another post thinking that there was a problem with my water heater thermostat, which I ended up replacing. But my water heater works fine, except when I run the Watts recirculating pump I have installed in the system and then it trips the thermostat after working and doing what it...
  3. tonyn1

Water Heater Keeps Popping Internal Breaker

If the bottom thermostat was bad, it would be tripping the thermostat at the top all the time I would think. It doesn't trip when I don't run the recirculating pump though. The pump is still working as I get hot water to my faucet a lot faster when I run it. It's been working fine for three...
  4. tonyn1

Apparently, you didn't read my post all the way through. I've already replaced the thermostat! The trouble is, when I run the recirculating pump, the red button still trips, whether it is a circuit breaker or hi limit doesn't matter. When I don't run the recirculating pump, it doesn't. I've been...
  5. tonyn1

I have an ohmmeter and checked everything that could be checked with one and everything is fine there.
  6. tonyn1

I have a 50 gallon AO Smith electric water heater installed upstairs in my 2 level condo. My condo is only 3 years old, and so of course so is the water heater. I didn't know it when I bought the house, but the hot water has to travel a long way from the heater to the kitchen sink and it would...
  7. tonyn1

Putting in a Bigger Sump Pit

I've been wanting to install a new sump pump along with a battery backup, as my pump is rather old and didn't have a backup. The only problem is, all of the equipment I've tried is too big to fit in my pit. It is like 16" inches at the top, and narrows down to about 13" at the bottom. Is it even...
  8. tonyn1

Water Heater Valve

Smooky, I can't find any info on my valves on the Robert Shaw site at all. dJ2, I've already checked the tube and blown it out. I don't think the valve is putting out enough gas to keep the pilot lit, or something like that. I've already tried replacing the thermocouple for a second time. The...
  9. tonyn1

Water Heater Valve

I have an Envirotemp model G1H4040T3NV water heater that has a problem of the pilot light not staying lit. I previously replaced the thermocouple and that fixed the problem for a few months, but then it started not working again. I tried another thermocouple, but it did not do it this time. I...
  10. tonyn1

Room Needed for Bathtub Drain

Good point. I will be using glued connections.
  11. tonyn1

Does it have to remain accessible?
  12. tonyn1

So a P-trap is allowable? I don't think an S-trap would fit in there unless I was going directly down. How about leaving access to it?
  13. tonyn1

I'm planning on installing a bathtub on a second floor addition I'm adding to my house. I have 10" joists up there. Is there going to be enough room to put a bathtub drain and trap underneath this? I can't go directly down either, and must do a 90 over to where I can connect to the main drain...
  14. tonyn1

Cutting Black Iron Pipe

Actually, it cuts pretty easy with the grinder and cut-off wheel. I might have tried a snap cutter if I had one, but I would have had to rent one. Not a big expense, but I already had the grinder and it works well. Plus I need to do this without taking the chance of crushing the pipe. I am...
  15. tonyn1

Cutting Black Iron Pipe

I've been cutting the pipe with a cut-off wheel on an angle grinder and it works quite well.
  16. tonyn1

Cutting Black Iron Pipe

What are the no hub type and where can I get one?
  17. tonyn1

Cutting Black Iron Pipe

I guess I'll try a couple cuts on a section of the pipe that is not critical.
  18. tonyn1

Cutting Black Iron Pipe

I'm replacing my black cast iron sewer drain pipes with PVC as I'm remodeling and adding new fixtures. The iron pipe comes into the house and I don't want to go to the expense of replacing that part. I want to transition to the PVC about a foot or so above where it comes into the house. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks