Search results

1. burin

Can feces get into tank?

gross as it is, I'm sure it was on purpose go to urbandictionary.com research the term "upper decker"
  2. burin

Main Sewer line replacement

yea, I've read the advice about avoiding 'rooters', albeit too late for the first two snakings, hence my thought that their 'estimate' is too high. I understand what you say about local labor rates and such, so that being said, cost can and will vary widely locally. so I guess the biggest...
  3. burin

Main Sewer line replacement

well, it's time to do it. after 2 backups in one year, I had my main line inspected. The video shows 2 45 turns in the cast iron under the house. Switched to PVC @ 45 feet, pvc has 2 bellies and 3 turns until it turns into concrete pipe @ 100+ feet. Concrete pipe is 6' sections, and has...
  4. burin

hepa retrofit

Is there a way to retrofit furnace ducting to change from your standard 1" furnace filter to a HEPA filter? All of the stuff I could google shows auxiliary units that filter a portion, and are a bit pricey. What I'm looking for is a kit that takes the down return air (10x24 i think) and jogs...
  5. burin

Light bulb laws

mercury Can't remember the source, but remember reading that switching over to a CFL can actually reduce mercury emissions thru not using as much electricity. More mercury is released generating the additional power overhead for the incandescent than is contained within the CFL.
  6. burin

nipple material

This thread got me thinking... What exactly is a proper use for galvanized pipe? No on water, no on gas. Compressed air maybe?
  7. burin

Bye Bye Thomas Edison!

warmup Yea, I've got round 3" with the small base for my kitchen fixture. They look as nice as regular frosted incandescents. My only big beef is the warmup time of the bulbs. It seems they start at about 20%, and then take about 2-3 minutes to get to full brightness. This is only a problem...
  8. burin

Bosch dishwasher and airgap

pump failing?? Did you have the bucket on the floor? Is it possible that the pump is getting weak, and while it was able to pump into a bucket on the floor, it can't pump the water up to the air gap? Just a thought....
  9. burin

log chinking

First off, thanx for all the advice on my roof venting questions. I have another project ahead of me, rechinking a log house. Home was built in 1947, and most of the original mortar chinking is loose, fallen out, and otherwise failed. There are several products I can G**gle, 1010...
  10. burin

Roof baffles/cellulose insulation

Yea, wouldn't do the ridge right away because house will need a new roof in 5-7 years. Would do it then. After thinking about this more, though, and looking at the house _________ | H | |________| | G | |____| The...
  11. burin

I do understand that proper soffit/ridge venting is much better than the gable end vents I have now. Would installing soffit venting without doing a ridge vent have a noticeable effect? The gable vents are about 18" square, about 18" below the apex there are two of them, roof is 28x40, 4 pitch.
  12. burin

Sweet. that's what i thought, but wasn't sure... I live in aurora, co. So, yea the radiant would probably help in the summer. I've figgured that I can add 6" for around 200$, so hopefully I can recoup the cost in 2-3 years on heating. Don't much run the central air in the summer (have a...
  13. burin

First post, need advise on an insulation question. My house has only 6-8" of cellulose in the attic, truss roof. I want to put an additional 6" of blow in insulation up there. My question is do I need to buy those foam thingies that go at the bottom of the roofline between the trusses to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks