Search results

1. C

Pitcher Pump Instructions

What does that mean? Hey....Wetboots?
  2. C

I don't have a check valve. I just have the pitcher pump hooked directly up to the pipe to determine if I can get any water out of my pipe. The water is about six inches from the top of the pipe now, which is still a couple of feet above ground level. Does it sound like it is a clay problem...
  3. C

So, even though a couple of hours later, the water is still at the top of the pipe, I don't have enough water in there? My thought was that maybe I am in clay in the sand point, and so it just can't pull it up.
  4. C

I just bought a Pitcher Pump to test my sandpoint. There are not any instructions that came witht the pump. How do you start using the thing? I hooked it up to the well, and started pumping. Nothing really happened. I then poured water in the top of the pump and started pumping. I then...
  5. C

Can I pound through Hardpan?

I had been checking for water with string and weight, with no luck. When you say pull back, you mean out of the clay though right? I can not just try to pull it up a little bit but leave it in the clay, right?
  6. C

What do you mean? Pull the well pipe up a little bit? (How far is a little bit?) Hook up a pump and see if I get any water?
  7. C

Ok, Well I am convinced that it is clay. The water is still sitting in the well pipe, and I have pounded it down through the clay about 2 1/2 feet. How thick can this clay layer be???? This is really starting to suck!
  8. C

If it is clay or hardpan, what is the likelyhood of pounding through it?
  9. C

Let me ask you this. Would 2" of hardpan, or clay for that matter really stop all the water from going down the well pipe? It seems that with a 3' sand point, that if I had just gotten into the hardpan or clay, that there would still be 2.5' of sandpoint to drain out the water in the well...
  10. C

Ok, it has been suggested that I may have hit hardpan with my well. I am driving a 1 1/4" sandpoint using a post driver. I am currently about 17' down, and I have run into something hard, and when I try to put water down the pipe now, it doesn't go anywhere, just sits in the pipe. Question...
  11. C

Did I hit clay? Now what???

Post ReplyShallow Well Problem (SandPoint) Posted by chadfetter on August 8th, 2007 10:38 AM | Watch this Topic I am trying to drive in my own Shallow Well using a sand point. I currently have 17' of 1 1/4" pipe down plus the 3' point. Periodically, I have been running water down the pipe to...