Search results

1. birdFEEDER

Replace closet elbow with PVC?

Done! :) Just thought I'd post the "AFTER" picture from my Before/After toilet series. ;) hehe Thanks again for everyone's help! :)
  2. birdFEEDER

Alright, I picked up the No Hub Fitting made of Neoprene with the metal casing around it. Score. Another question: do I put some kind of adhesive/silicon/caulk inside this NoHub before installing it, or will the tension from the metal-band be enough to keep it water-tight? And if so, what...
  3. birdFEEDER

I see. Thanks man, I've returned the Fernco and will seek out the appropriate No Hub Fitting. Cutting through the cast iron was a bit tense since I've never done it before. I've already returned the snap-cutter. It certainly lives up to its name. Nice and even cut though. :) As I see...
  4. birdFEEDER

Okay, so I just got back from the local Home Depot and rented a snap cutter ($14 for 24 hours - good deal) and picked up all the necessary fittings, but I have two more questions: (1) Is there a difference between a 4"-4" Fernco and a No-Hub-Fitting or are those the same thing? I didn't see...
  5. birdFEEDER

Jadnashua Wrote: "The flange should be installed on top of the finished floor and anchored through it into the subfloor" Oh! In my case, I'm installing 3/4" plywood subfloor, then 1/2" Hardibacker , then tiles. So, that is to say that the flange will sit ON TOP of the Tiles? Also, the...
  6. birdFEEDER

Hey jadnashua, Ah, I see, so I *do* have a 4" then. And yes, it was lath (lattice) and plaster (boy was THAT fun to take down), here is a pic of the measurement to the stud: (Click for larger picture) Looks like 11" from the stud, adding the 1/2" for drywall it would be 10 1/2" from...
  7. birdFEEDER

Hey Guys, thanks for the fast reply. GrumpyPlumber: I can't say for certain that it isn't a 4", The last photo in my original post shows my measurement for the flange. Here are some things that I'm just uncertain of: I have an old house (1892 built) and I can't say for certain if I have a...
  8. birdFEEDER

Hello All, First post here, so be kind. I'm going through a bathroom remodel and came across a problem. My current closet flange has two peculiar attibutes. (1) It is a 10" rough in. (2) It has a 5" flange. So, I know that I can buy a 10", but my option are very limited when...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks