Search results

1. PeteD

Recommendation for small expansion tank for potable water recirculation loop

The other question I guess is does the potable hot water loop need to be closed by the check valve/BPF, or can the heated potable loop be allowed to expand back into the city supply line? ETA: there will definitely be a check valve in the loop itself to keep cold water from by passing the...
  2. PeteD

Actually Watts specs say good to 200 deg F, even though they say to put on the cold supply. I thought I saw in another thread to avoid hot water in the potable ETs, but that does not appear to be an issue. http://media.wattswater.com/ES-PLT.pdf Now, if someone made a 1 gallon potable ET that...
  3. PeteD

I don't have any expansion tank yet, still in the design stages. Limited room for a tank, thus the search for a small tank. Actually, from here, the allowable temperature on the AET-2 potable tank is 140 deg F. http://www.americanwaterheater.com/media/22209/exptank.pdf Still looking for...
  4. PeteD

I am looking for a small expansion tank that can relieve the pressure in a potable water recirculation loop for an on demand gas water heater located farther than desirable from the faucets/showers. The total volume in the piping is not very much (figure a max of around 5 gallons or less), so...
  5. PeteD

Hot water getting into cold lines - bad valve?

Two separate lines (one from each bath) back to the on demand boiler. Boiler has isolation valves and cold lines are separate.
  6. PeteD

At every cold water faucet. Goes cold after less than a minute. The time to warm water varies with location. I will do some more testing, but I think it is the showers or the kitchen sink.
  7. PeteD

Thanks. There are not shutoffs on the shower heads.
  8. PeteD

I did a little searching already. Situation: There is an on demand hot water boiler with recirc lines and pump on aquastat (at the boiler) - professionally installed. Lines at boiler stay hot and cold like they should be. I believe the issue is one of the valves on a fixture is leaking the...
  9. PeteD

Delta 2 handle bath faucet (3555) - leaking from under spout body

Thanks to both of you for confirming what I suspected was the problem, as well as the course of action. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Pete
  10. PeteD

Delta 2 handle bath faucet (3555) - leaking from under spout body

Hi Guys: This is what my faucet looks like: http://www.deltafaucet.com/customersupport/documentation/3555LF-216.html?document=pd&documentIndex=0 I had it unhooked for a little while doing a remodel (worked fine for a few years). When I hooked it back up, water is dripping from inside the...
  11. PeteD

Compression Angle Stops on Pedestal Sink

Great info, guys. Especially appreciate the photos, Terry. Who gave me the avatar?
  12. PeteD

Please enlighten me! I take it the ferrule does not compress into the OD of the pipe in the same way a swage fitting does? If so, it seems like it would be easy to take it apart. Is there a special tool, or are you just yankin' my chain? I appreciate the feedback from all, I was...
  13. PeteD

It is funny you mention it. I was just think maybe I could cover the slight reveal of copper with a section of chromed brass sweat extension (still can't find a source without the angle stop on the end) and get an escutcheon sized for the cover, instead of the 1/2 copper. I would then just...
  14. PeteD

OK, so I bought some decorative cross handle chrome compression angle stops (1/4 turn with white H and C inserts)) for use on my pedestal sink. The wall behind the sink is white beadboard, and I currently have about 1.5 inches of copper (1/2") sticking out of the wall. My question is should...
  15. PeteD

Angle Stop Recommendations - Pedestal Sink

I believe this type of stop would fit the bill: http://www.signaturehardware.com/product4852?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=shopzilla Does one typically use an escutcheon (low profile) with this or just mount the stop pretty close to the finished wall? Thanks, Pete
  16. PeteD

Thanks for the informative replies. Are non-1/4 turn angle stops not gate valves? Maybe the correct term is globe valve? I had heard them referred to as gate valves by plumbers that I knew - at least for the in-line valves (shut offs). Maybe angle stops are different... Could I sweat on a...
  17. PeteD

Hi Guys: I want to upgrade my leaking angle stops (the whole house has drippy ones) and I want nice ones for the toilets/pedestal sink. Photos: Right now I have a stub of 1/2 copper at the wall, sweated to what I assume was an assembly of a chromed 1/2 pipe with a cheap angle stop...
  18. PeteD

Fan control for receptacle within fireplace - to code?

Funny that this was revived, but actually, that price was only for the speed control and metal handy box. The other stuff was priced separately. Yes, Ouch! Double ouch when I could have just installed the Pass and Seymour like I wanted to, which is rated for PSC fans, as is the VRUW...
  19. PeteD

Are closet flange extenders the easy way out?

Thanks Terry. They look good to me, too, but I trust your opinion more than mine. I appreciate the input...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks