Search results

1. Richard S

shower drain flange

I just installed the shower drain in the shower I'm rebuilding. It'll be a tiled floor (pre-slope, pan liner, mortar & tile). The lower flange of the shower drain lifts off the plywood ever so slightly (maybe a 1/32" of an inch) instead of sitting perfectly flat. As I can't screw the lower...
  2. Richard S

toilet leaking

I installed a Toto Ultramax toilet some months ago. It hasn't gotten much use yet as I've recently just finished the bathroom remodel. The toilet leaks when flushed, but never leaks otherwise. I've got a clear view from below & can see the water leaking when flushed, but never see a single...
  3. Richard S

pre-formed shower niches

I'm in the process of rebuilding my tub surround & will be using tile. I've been trying to find the best alternative to custom building a wall niche. I had previously found out about Recess-It which I didn't want to use as others had noted that the flange protrudes a bit out from the cbu & I...
  4. Richard S

q on rebuilding tub surround

This weekend I tore out my tub surround down to the studs, which thankfully was a lot easier than I feared. I've got some questions regarding preping it for 1/2" cbu - not all of them tile related. 1. Furring out the studs so the cbu lays flat over the lip of the tub flange. The furring will...
  5. Richard S

dumb thinset question

I'm finishing dry-fitting my cbu & will put it in place using thinset as per the manufacturers instructions in the next day or so. I'll be using a 1/4" square-notched trowel (other opinions appreciated). My question is should I work the thinset in between the expansion joints between the...
  6. Richard S

replacing flange on copper pipe

I'm in the early stage of a bathroom remodel & need to replace the toilet flange. I'm trying to figure out how the flange is attached (glued, sweated, other) & the best way to remove it. I'll have excellent access from both top & bottom as I'm taking the original floor off right down to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks