Search results

1. froddan

Hot water flow stops abruptly

I have a strange situation going on with my hot water in the kitchen and a next-door 1/4 bath. After running the water for a little while (sometimes less than 30 seconds) the hot water stops flowing. If I run only cold water, there is never a problem. If I put the water to a mix of hot-cold, or...
  2. froddan

Adding another sink to dual sink drain

I have a double sink in a bathroom set up as in the picture below. Another bathroom is behind the visible wall, and a new sink will go up against this wall (so the dual sinks will be back-to-back) with the new single sink. The drain and vent-pipe is 2" and goes to a stack of 4". Can I add...
  3. froddan

Compression Fitting Valve - With or Without Putty

I installed 4 shut-off valves under two sinks yesterday using compression fitting valves. Both sides (they are two by two under each sink) seem to have leaked one or two drops of water over night. I followed the instructions carefully, cut the 1/2" copper pipe using a pipe cutter, sanded the...
  4. froddan

Ratteling Copper Pipes

Hi! I have experienced some loud ratteling in my hot water pipes lately. I've tried to find to solution, but nothing really seems to match my case. It seems to only be the hot-water pipes, which is 1/2" copper, and it only rattles when I use either the kitchen sink or the bathroom sink...
  5. froddan

Horizontal Vent Piece Below Floor?

For a Tub-Drain, is it ok to have about 1 foot of the Vent run horizontal below the floor until it reaches the vertical vent? Can I use 90 degree turns for the 1 1/2" vent?
  6. froddan

Tub Drains Slowly

I recently changed the plumbing for a tub-shower from the old galvanized pipes to ABS pipes. I changed the entire drain from the Overflow to P-trap, vent connection and past the sinks. Everything seems fine, I pretty much configured it in the same way the old pipes had been, but it drains...
  7. froddan

Made a mistake...wrong ABS cement

Halfway into my drain project I realized that I have used PVC cement for my ABS pipes...do I have to redo everything, or is this still ok? It seems to work fine, and I tested to connect two pieces of ABS again using the PVC cement and then tried to remove the abs pipes...but they were...
  8. froddan

Split Copper Water Line

I would like to install a double shower head in a shower and I was told that it requires a 3/4" water supply to do this. The shower currently has 1/2" copper pipe, but 3/4" pipes run only about 5 feet away from where the shower is. The pipe to the shower curently is 1/2" and it "tees off"...
  9. froddan

Tub-Shower Drain

I'm in the process of replacing a tub-shower drain with 1 1/2" ABS and it is working fine so far. Last step is to replace the P-Trap and give the whole drain some more slope for better drainage. (The current slope seem to be close to horizontal). What is interesting is that the first part of...
  10. froddan

Ok to use 90 degree bend in 1 1/2" drain?

I'm replacing some galvanized pipes with PVC and I need to figure out the best layout for the turns. A 1 1/2" galvanized pipe is coming out of a tub-shower and goes horizontally about 3 feet with a small (1/8) bend to the left, it then makes an 1/8 bend to the right and then a 90 degree turn...
  11. froddan

Where should I cut and connect the Galvanized Pipe?

I need to replace some 1 1/4" Galvanized pipe with 1 1/2" PVC because I will install a second lavatory sink. In the picture you can see the scenario, and I'm trying to decide where I should cut the galv pipe and connect the PVC. What would be the best/easiest option? Underneath the wall, a...
  12. froddan

Are these Concrete? How do I connect PVC?

Hi! I have some roots in my sewer and need to replace a 10 foot section with PVC. The pipes are concrete (I think) sections, just short of 3 feet each about 5.5 - 6 " in diameter on the outside. They are connected into each other because they are larger at one end (this is where the roots are...
  13. froddan

Install Outside Clean Out in Main Sewer

Hi! I have experienced some roots in my main sewer line and was adviced by a plummer to install an outside clean out and snake the line from there. Yesterday, I located the sewer line and it seems to be a 4-inch iron pipe, or possibly galvanized pipe. They are coupled together and I can see...
  14. froddan

Vent pipe ? Ends above the drain

I tore out the drywall in a bathroom for a remodel and where the sink was there is what appears to be a vent pipe that extends from the drain, but it just ends open a couple of feet above the drain, in the middle of the wall. This seems strange to me? Any idea of this could be something else...
  15. froddan

Single to Double Sinks - Steel to PVC

Hi! I'm new here and in the beginning of a bathroom remodel where part of the work is to replace a single sink with two sinks. I found a nice picture of the plumbing and drain on this site, and my problem now is that the drain is Steel Pipe. Can I replace one portion of the steel pipe with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks