Search results

1. Seaneys

Code for Ethernet / AV wires

I'm going to put my ethernet and a/v cable in pvc conduit (extremely low voltage). What codes apply to network wiring. I do not see anything in the NEC. Thanks, Steve
  2. Seaneys

A/C Condenser and Air Handler

Hello, I'm running the power to our new a/c air handler (attic with pull down stair) and condenser (outside). The work will be inspected and is permitted. Both the compressor and air handler are 220v. The compressor requires 30A min. The air handler requires 15A min. I was a little...
  3. Seaneys

Hydronic Towel Warmer

Hello, Can anyone recommend a brand for hydronic towel warmers? I can not find a show room in the area with a decent display. Thanks, Steve
  4. Seaneys

No Hub Adapters

Hello, The plumbing inspector is asking that I use a no-hub ADAPTER with the no-hug fitting in my dwv system. The connection is from 3" pvc to 3" pvc (not buried). Are these a common fitting? They are not referred to on the Fernco site and the local plumbing supply store was not certain...
  5. Seaneys

Test Plugs for Offset Toilet Flange

Hello, I need to plug two offset toilet flanges for my rough in inspection. I tested them before I attached the flanges with a 3" plug, but the plugs do not work with offset flanges. I tried using a balloon, but it popped out. Are there any caps for toilet flanges? Thanks, Steve
  6. Seaneys

Cutting Wirsbo Joistrak

Hello, Does anyone have any hints on cutting Wirsbo Joistrak? I'm thinking of using a band saw. It is about 1/8 thick Aluminum. Thanks, Steve
  7. Seaneys

French Drain Pump

Hello, I live near Chicago. We occasionally get a few inches of 'ponding' in our back yard. The ponding only occurs when there extreme rains. I've installed a few french drains to help out. I'd like to add a pump to one of the french drains to pump water to the street. The bottom of the...
  8. Seaneys

DWV Vent: Sanitory Tee at 45 Degrees

I would like to make a few obvious improvements to my DWV before the inspector comes. I actually had goofed and put in a horizontal vent line in one place. The previous posts on this site made me aware of the error.... I would like to install a sanitary tee rolled 45 degrees as a vent off of...
  9. Seaneys

Wirsbo / Uponor PEX and Fitting Compatibility

Hello, Do you have to use Wirsbo/Uponor fittings with Wirsbo brand PEX? Is it possible / advisable to use PEX from other manufacturers with the Wirsbo system? Thanks, Steve
  10. Seaneys

Sioux Chief PEX

I was surprised to find today that the M*ds in my area are switching from Sioux Cheif to Watts for their PEX fittings. The salesman assured me that fittings, rings, and tools are interchangable.... I wasn't crazy about Sioux Chief anyway (seems a little flimsy). I think it is time that...
  11. Seaneys

Installing Moen A725 Drop Ell

Hello, I've checked Moen's web site for this, but do not see the answer.. I am installing a Moen A725 Drop Ell (seems like their standard). It accepts a 1/2" NPT Male. Does anyone know if the Male connection should be flush with the finished wall? I do not see any documentation that...
  12. Seaneys

What pressure for air testing copper?

Hello, I'd like to pressure test my vertical spa installation (lots of fittings). It has held 40 PSI for 4 hours. What is the recommended air pressure and set time for air testing copper? The valves are installed. I did not want to risk over pressurizing the valves. Thanks, Steve
  13. Seaneys

Yet Another Horizontal Vent

I really hate horizontal vents... Our main floor bathtub is oriented such that the drain pipe exits directly under the side of the shower. As a result, there is not a 'textbook' wall to use for a vent. In an ideal world the drain pipe would exit under the side or rear wall so that I could...
  14. Seaneys

PVC Curing Time at Temperature of 22F

Our addition is at a temperature of about 20F. It is about 0F outside. I had to make a last connection last night on a 1 1/2" Vent Line. I'd really like to at least do a small fill test today to see if I have any leaks. I used Oatey All Weather Solvent. Any ideas how long I should let it...
  15. Seaneys

Toilet Flange Height

Hello, I'm roughing in a toilet to a new bathroom. The finished floor is not installed. When roughing in a toilet flange, is it best to mount the flange directly on the sub floor? I'm wondering if I should leave a gap to compensate for the tile thickness. Thanks, Steve
  16. Seaneys

Bathtup Vent Question

Hello, I am running into a ceiling height issue with my bathtub drain. I don't think this is 'legal', but I want to at least ask... I'd like to connect the P-Trap from my tub into the branch of a 2" Wye (slightly tipped upwards). I'd like to connect the vent of my tub into the 'other'...
  17. Seaneys

Conduit for Ethernet

Hello, I'm curious what everyones thoughts are for conduit for use with ethernet / video branches? I've seen the blue flexible conduit used on our area. Doe sit work well? Thanks, Steve
  18. Seaneys

Basement Floor Vent (oops)

Note to self... When fill checking the dwv plumbing, don't forget to plug the vent line between ejector pit and the basement floor drain.. I needed to mop the floor anyway...
  19. Seaneys

Quick Vent Question

I am very tight on vertical clearance below my toilet. The plumbing is 3" PVC. Below my toilet flange I immediately connect to a 90 degree elbow. The is connected to a 3x3x2 combo WYE before it continues about 4" to the 4" stack... I use the combo wye to vent the toilet drain line. The 2"...
  20. Seaneys

Vent Terminal Size

Hello, I live near Chicago and am subject to the Illinois Plumbing Code For some reason, I thought that I needed to expand to a 4" vent terminal poking through my roof. Section 890.1440 of the Illinois Plumbing Code says that I only need a 3" vent terminal. I have two vent terminals...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks