Search results

1. Jdoll42

Sewage Pump stops with a THUD

My sewer line leaves the house well above the basement floor. To compensate for this, there is a small pump in a sealed chamber that takes any water from the floor drain and pumps it up to the main sewer line. I recently had a flow-through humidifier installed. This causes the sewer pump to...
  2. Jdoll42

Gas Line Filter?

I don't know if this is appropriate for this board or not, but I figured that most plumbers have some experience with gas lines too. Anyway, I have a commercial natural gas stove with a pilot on each burner (6 total). The pilots slowly get lower and lower over several months until they refuse...
  3. Jdoll42

Submersible vs. Jet Pump Setup

A while back you guys (and gals?) gave me some great advice. I was looking at burying a concrete cistern to collect rainwater for irrigation purposes. Now the time has nearly arrived and I've got a few quick technical questions: 1. If I use a submersible pump, I plan to lay it a few inches...
  4. Jdoll42

Pool Wiring

I desperately need to replace the power run to my inlaw's pool. They jumpered it off of the sunroom circuit which was probably already overloaded. You should see the lights dim when the pump kicks on. I guess that's what you get when you let pool guys do electric work. Anyway, the easiest...
  5. Jdoll42

Power Sags

Here's one for the electrical gurus out there. I have a new house with a heat pump. When the heat pump kicks in, every electrical device in the house has a massive power sag. It's so bad that you can hear it in the microwave, bathroom fans, etc. The lights practically turn off (then...
  6. Jdoll42

Unused Washing Machine Standpipe

I have two washing machine hook-ups in my house. We only have one washer and dryer. I occasionally pour water down the unused standpipe to keep the trap full. I know as time goes on, I know I'll forget to do this and it will start smelling. I don't want to permanently seal this standpipe off...
  7. Jdoll42

Whole House Humidifier

We've got really low humidity in our house. It's been bad all winter. We purchased a cheap humidifier and have been running it at night in the bedroom while we sleep. It seems to be helping. However, I'd like to "fix" the low humidity throughout the entire 3000 sqft house. (I can't count...
  8. Jdoll42

Garbage Disposer Code Question

I recently (about 8 months ago) had a "final plumbing" inspection on my house. The plumber did all of the rough in, and I did all of the finishing (installing faucets, sink traps, toilets, etc.) I got dinged by the inspector because I had my dishwasher drain hose hooked to my garbage disposer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks