Search results

1. D

optomizing my Hydrostat 3250 Plus

@Fitter30 - Thanks for your reply- I have no idea what size the old nozzle was, but the old burner was a Beckert, so I would imagine it had a larger nozzle. When I agreed to this configuration I wanted the slowest flow rate and according to the data sheet, I needed the Riello to get the 0.62GPH...
  2. D

Thanks for your reply. I did take your advice and mounted the sensors with hose clamps. That sounds like a nice match for the boiler, but I am not planning to change the baseboards, just looking to optomize the settings on my Hydrostat. As of now, I can only measure the temperature of the...
  3. D

Estimating fuel costs for an oil fired boiler

@Fitter30 - Thanks for your support. Yes, the boiler is off most of the time probably because there is no one using any hot water during the day, and the thermostat is only set for 63 degrees so the heat demand is pretty low. You mentioned that I should monitor the boiler temperature, how can I...
  4. D

@Fitter30 - Thanks for your reply. This is the same system you replied to about "optomizing the Hydrostat" So it is a single zone tankless coil. The PRO- features I have turned on are "thermal purge =ON", Circulator hold off = ACTIVE", Hi Limit Differential = 30 deg. HL =170, LL=140, ECO = OFF...
  5. D

@Fitter30- Thanks for responding to my post. The sensors I use are general purpose and not designed to be mounted to pipes. Using a hose clamp is a much better idea, I will get some and install. I am just looking for a relitave temperature measurement to help me understand the behaviour of the...
  6. D

I have an oil fired boiler with a hydrostat 3250 Plus control and I am trying to find the best settings based on some parameters that I can measure. I have a micro controller that can log data to an excel file. I have 4 temperature sensors and a current probe to tell me when the burner is on...
  7. D

This is the system I had recently installed. It has a Riello burner with the 0.62 GPM nozzle. I have only about 67 ft of 2 in baseboard, so my system is oversized. The house is about 1000 sq ft and no one is home most of the day, so I keep my thermostat on 63 at all times.. If you see the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks