Search results

1. katiebear00

Plumbing Body Jets, Moen vertical spa

Sorry I wasn't clear. My original question was if I put two of the 4 jets on the wall opposite the valve, will the extra pipe length and 90 degree turns reduce the flow much more than to two jets on the same wall as the valve. Now I'm puzzled why Moen would sell a shower kit that includes a...
  2. katiebear00

I called Moen, and they told me the capacity of the valve is 7gpm at 60psi, but the system should work fine as long as my pressure is at least 45gpm. I guess the only way to know for sure is to install it the way I want it, and test the flow out of each head before I close up the walls. I'll...
  3. katiebear00

The body sprays are indeed 2.5gpm, but the spec sheet for the valve here doesn't list a max flow rate, and I couldn't find one anywhere else. Since this vertical spa system is sold as a set, shouldn't it all be compatible? I'm replacing my existing 50 gal hot water heater with an 80 gal.
  4. katiebear00

That makes sense, but my shower valve has 1/2" fittings. If I used adapters to get up to 3/4" pipe, would that work? If so, could I ditch the loops?
  5. katiebear00

I purchased a Moen vertical spa system that includes 4 body jets, and the instructions call for all 4 jets to go on the front wall with the control valve. See the picture below for the layout. I'd like to deviate from this configuration, and put two of the jets on the back wall directly...