Search results

1. K

Is it normal for some salt to not dissolve?

Mortons blue bag and whatever it is no additional water or stirring is breaking it down.
  2. K

This unit has had less than 10 bags put in it so far, it's normal to have that much that won't dissolve?
  3. K

ok what about the salt not dissolving?
  4. K

Because I'm lazy and don't feel like scooping out the salt in the brine tank(tight space) I just ran regen a few times to get rid of all the salt. Each regen definitely used a lot of salt... but there is some at the bottom that is not dissolving? Also, is it normal for BD to leave some water...
  5. K

What is the Best Water Softener?

Why does plumbing size matter for which controller you pick?
  6. K

Newb - is my brine tank too small

What is the typical backwash GPM? Mine was only 2.6 but manufacturer said 2.4 is good enough. Was hoping that was my problem but doesn't appear to be the case.
  7. K

Not sure why that'd make a difference but I'll take your word for it.
  8. K

I was looking for that chart, though I hate the fact that the top shows per cubic foot instead of just saying the total salt amount. I'm trying to figure out how culligan is claiming they magically an make their resin work better than any other.
  9. K

I have my unit set for 9 pounds and don't see any evidence of hardness leakage. What exactly determines whether that is going to happen or not? Because we use so little water and my water is not super hard my softener tends to regenerate due to the override rather than running out of capacity...
  10. K

Need Iron filter and water testing suggestions, please help!

You just bought the house... did you not have an inspector? Or maybe where you are they don't do well water testing? In upstate NY that is par for the course that an inspector does water testing. I know nothing of the kind of filters you are discussing but they aren't water softeners it...
  11. K

So you set your brine fill by the amount of grains you want to regenerate your resin to. I have a 1.5cu/ft(48k) tank. At max efficiency settings I can get ~32k grains capacity with only 9 pounds of salt. 1 gallon of water holds 3 pounds of salt, so my BF is set to 6 minutes to give me 3...
  12. K

Out of ideas for cleaning softener and getting rid of taste

second round seemed to reduce it too but doesn't make sense.
  13. K

I stand corrected, the taste is somewhat reduced. Going to run again to night but at this point I'm just going to swap the resin anyway as I can't figure out how it's possible that the resin is not being cleaned.
  14. K

How is culligans 1.5cu/ft unit insanely better than everything else

I was under the impression that resin is resin and there is nothing magical a controller can do to make regeneration anymore efficient beyond calculating based on user input and measuring usage to know exactly when regen is needed. I have a 1.5cu/ft unit with a fleck5600 and according the...
  15. K

well, hell, I'll blast both of them for 3 hours each lol. But another thing... if it is taking THAT much to clean these... something else has got to be wrong. I just don't get it and have a bad feeling I'm going to go through the pain of swapping these beads for nothing. I'm not sure if there...
  16. K

It takes me like 10 seconds to adjust the settings so that doesn't bother me but I already ran it for 2 hours, do you really think even longer will do more? I can do it after my shower tonight. But here is the other thing for me. The flow during BD is only about .5 and it is top down just...
  17. K

Yah my water is soft so really just not sure anymore. Manufacturer wanta me to replace resin but I'm worried it won't fix anything.
  18. K

Hague Watermax 63BAQ - 20 min brine/rinse is not enough?

I still find it very hard to believe that 20 minute regen is enough. Most tanks are at least 60. Mine takes nearly 15 minutes just to draw the brine and I have the lowest amount.
  19. K

I ran my water softener regen last night with a 30 minute backwash, 120 minute BD/SR and 20 minute FR and I had filled the brine tank and well with water. I measured the GPM at 2.6 for the backwash as well, and the manufacturer says 2.4 is more than enough for it to do its job. The taste of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks