Search results

1. S

Why set a pump at 520'

I do not think this is a water level issue as we have been gone from the house for 2 weeks. I tried dropping a string but it stops at about 150' , so no chance to see if water is at 180'. @Valveman said it could still pump 4 GPM from 400' at 40 PSI. I don't have a great way of bypassing the...
  2. S

Why set a pump at 520'

Thanks @Valveman . I'm relatively sure that it is pulling the 9.8 amps. Since that is the load shown in the specs I thought the pump was "okay", and it might still be. I'm gleaning from these replies however that a pump will not pull maximum amps unless it is working really hard. I'm going back...
  3. S

Why set a pump at 520'

The issue is that an unrestricted spigot is flowing 2 gpm. Two years ago it would have flowed close to 4 or 5 gpm. A Grundfos 5S10-22 is hanging on 1" Schedule 80 PVC at 520'. The static level is presumably around 180'. Cased with 4.5" PVC from 40' down to 790' total depth. 20 years ago, when...
  4. S

Why would they set pump at 520' when static water at 180'?

Only getting 2gpm from unrestricted spigot (no pressure tank or softener). Grundfos 5S10-22 is pulling the 9.8 amps as listed in specs. The pump is hanging on 1" Schedule 80 PVC at 520'. Well is cased the entire 790' with 4.5" PVC. When the pump was set the TEST DATA shows Static Level 180'...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks