Search results

1. A

Grundfos Scala2 and external pressure tank, short cycling

Ok I just drained the system and charged my external tank to 72psi to match the pump setting. That seemed to fix the problem. The pump is no longer cycling, and the variable speed aspect is now working. I can open more taps and the pump works harder, less taps and it quiets down. I guess the...
  2. A

This cycling problem only began when I added the pressure tank. Before that, I had no pressure tank, and no cycling. When I first added the pump, I believe the internal check valve must have closed the system from the city main and this is when I saw pressure creeping up toward 100psi during...
  3. A

What you say about the expansion tank not getting a drop until the pressure is above the air charge gets me thinking. Why am I charging the tank to 70% of the pump pressure? Shouldn't I charge it to 100%? This way the tank only takes "additional pressure" coming from expansion when the system is...
  4. A

Thanks for your comment. I think I have you confused. There is no problem with the system holding pressure while closed. No leaks or backflow from the pump. I meant that the pump stops while the tap is open, leading to a slight pressure decrease from say 70 to 60psi in 20 seconds before the pump...
  5. A

I had a chance today to drain and triple-check my pre-charges were set to exactly the recommended pressure. Pump outlet pressure set and measured @ 72.5psi. Internal pressure tank, and external pressure tanks set to 70% of that = 50.75psi. With 2 taps open wide, the pump clicks on for a mere...
  6. A

To clarify, the original problem is that pressure was increasing to unsafe levels during non-use (100psi+), so I suspected thermal expansion (and the moen flo detected this and told me so). I do have a ball valve after the expansion tank. And yep there is a check valve in the pump which is why I...
  7. A

Hello, I added a Scala2 and a moen Flo to my system. I had a highly elevated home (3-4 stories from main to living space). Once I added the pump, pressure was great, but I observed fluctuating and creeping up of pressure through the flo. I just added an expansion tank to the cold line after the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks