Search results

1. C

Sanity check - clothes washer and laundry sink venting fix

Not in the cards right now unfortunately - wish I would have discovered it when I opened up a bunch of kitchen walls to add & correct some wiring issues in prep for paint last year. The kitchen sink is on an outside wall with cabinets, tile backsplash & insulation - so threading it up and...
  2. C

I'm also surprised - well, newly informed after reading the code over the past couple of days, but haven't needed to do any significant changes to my plumbing in quite a while. Changes to our electrical code is normally more restrictive than US codes, and it takes longer for ours to receive...
  3. C

Thanks for the reply, we run a cleaning cycle every once in a while - normally with oxiclean, replacing the door gasket is on my eventual to do list, as the machine is nearing 10 years old, and has a bit of mold that has embedded itself in the gasket at this point, but it doesn't smell - and...
  4. C

Here's the section from the NPC 2020 edition - there is a restriction, but my first floor is under the 4 fixture units. Ah, that makes sense that I wouldn't need to pull off a vent then. Yea, the wet vent from above is the wrinkle for me. The ideal would be to connect up to the dry vent...
  5. C

Long time reader, was a big help with the kitchen I redid about a decade ago now, but haven't needed to ask a Q until now. I'm having an issue with either the laundry sink or (more likely) the stand pipe for our clothes washer, we occasionally get sewer gas in the room, but I couldn't figure...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks