Search results

1. V

Fleck 5800 SXT - Newbie Troubleshoot and Programming

I agree! Those were my original settings, but remember I am dealing with an odd predicament of a 96k in a 2.5cuft tank, so I chose the option of halfway between my two theoretical scenarios. I was imagining it landing somewhere between standard 2.5cuft 80k salt 10 lbs/cuft and the theoretical...
  2. V

Follow up! After adjusting program settings with Reach4 and Bannerman feedback, I was able to subjectively feel the slippery water and objectively test the water with a Hach 5B. City Water ~ 18-19 grains Softened Water ~ 1-2 grains :D Changed Fleck 5800SXT Settings: DF = Gal ; Units VT =...
  3. V

Welp o_O, after speaking to the contractor who installed the water softener system. My 2.5cu ft 13x54 tank has actually 96k grain in it instead of the 80k standard :eek:. He states the extra resin doesn't affect its ability during regeneration or backwash, but I am skeptical. I would give them...
  4. V

I have the option for cr, would cr the better choice? Or doesn't really matter. Thank you for your explanation!!! I'll try a longer BD cycle and get back to you. Ill try to get my hands on a Hach 5B, the delivery times I've been given range wildly 3-6 weeks. Does adjusting the hardness factor...
  5. V

Thank you Reach4 for your help, Attached is photo copy of the model # and actual unit. I assume its a paddle wheel based on Model # sticker found under the unit and referenced it with the manual. I used another water softener ordering guide to confirm the size of the paddle being 3/4" paddle...
  6. V

A new install by a dealer on I used on Yelp, installed a Upflow 2.5cu ft catalytic carbon and a Fleck 5800 SXT 2.5cu ft 80k water softener. From what I understand trying to learn from several post. I am having trouble with getting my water to be "soft / slippery". When it was first installed and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks