Search results

1. B

Loosing Prime after pressure tank fills, new pump, new check valve.

Well no glory, thank you all so much for the help. So perplexing that prior to the pump change, we had perfect water, pressure and etc.. Now it primes once and looses prime once the tank empties. Apprecaite all the input, Iam guessing we will have to close the cottage for a year or so to save...
  2. B

Gotcha so currently the is cutting in (turning on) at roughly 28 to 30psi. So empty the tank to 0 and set the tank to maybe 24/25psi if I am understanding you correctly. Or at least this is what they were saying think. In short he said empty the tank drop 5psi and see what happens, you can...
  3. B

being newbie and learning all this new lingo, is (air precharge) the same as basicly letting 5psi out of my tank when its empty? That was a suggestion a long time well company in the aera told me as they cant get to me for weeks due to too busy. Wish I understood all this better but learning.
  4. B

The issue appears to be, that the bladder tank is about empty or exhaust itself just as the pump kicks on and it can not recover then. I just had a well company tell the tank should never exhaust itself, the pump should kick before this happens or it will loose prime. They suggested to lower the...
  5. B

Yes it does pump water, it will pump the tank up maby a little slower than it should, but it fills it. Shuts off. All is well use the clothes washer or hose and it will loose prime again (but not all the time), might be good for loads of laundry. Actually had 3 people shower once ;-). Per the...
  6. B

No check valve in place, wasn't one before as well, just a foot valve. Which is basically one, I guess.
  7. B

I will see if I can find out, the previous owner had no record of anything. Probably some way I could drop something down it and see where it stops. I do not think the company that put it in measured the amount of poly pipe that they the put in as they seemed to just eyeball it. The bill listed...
  8. B

Any thoughts on should I go back to 1/2hp to lower the draw rate from the old well. Maybe it can't keep up with the 3/4hp pump? Just trying to continue to brainstorm why life was good prior.
  9. B

Good point, if I could only find the air leak ;-). Thank you all for responding! I only need to truly" find the leak if there is one from the injector (front of pump) to the foot valve correct? A small water leak coming out of the top of the pump or past the bladder tank would not cause it I am...
  10. B

Probably a nutty thought. The well is old, could it just not be keeping up with the 3/4 horse draw versus the 1/2hp pump that was originally installed.
  11. B

Total newbie here. When you say buckles? What exactly are referencing? The nut / bolt part of the clamp I am Guessing. I can put a second hose clamp on each one. I do not want the guy back out so I’m guessing I just heat up the black plastic a bit to pull it apart and put the 15 foot valve out...
  12. B

No just from my shallow well into the little lake cottage.
  13. B

I could definately get more hose clamps. There is only one clamp at the foot valve as well, it does hold prime for 3 or 4 days if the pump is not used. Meaning my pressure gauge seems to only maybe move a pound less when I come back the following weekend. I am only at the cottage on the...
  14. B

I have an odd one. I have a well to my old lake cottage. 2-inch casing, new pump 3/4hp, new pipping, brass fittings, new check valve. I can get the pump to prime, and it will work maybe for one or two fillings of the new bladder tank. Then boom, no water. Just to the hour prior to changing the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks