Search results

1. F

Dry Vent Only

Yeah, I won't have any 90's until they get to the ceiling so that is covered and no I have no more than 20 fixtures in the entire home, I think, so I should be good, I will have a 2" vent per fixture anyway and then tie all, or most of them, together in the attic and have the least amount of...
  2. F

Dry Vent Only

While I know I have the option of doing wet venting given some circumstances I need to do dry venting for some of my fixtures (mostly WC) while preparing for that I realized I can do dry venting for every single fixture. While I know it would be more work and more pipes and fittings and possible...
  3. F

Would this pass IPC code?

Just as a reply to myself for future reference I've found the Manning Pipe Flow calculations to determine the optimum pipes for any given flow. SUPER interesting. https://www.engineersedge.com/fluid_flow/partially_full_pipe_flow_calculation/partiallyfullpipeflow_calculation.htm
  4. F

The venting for the upper lav/shower is off of the WC connection, not the main drain pipe, my drawing skills aren't great, that's all. And the top of the drawing is the lowest section of the system and viceversa. I have the septic system at the top of the drawing. Thanks for taking the time to...
  5. F

Wow, I would LOVE to understand why a 3" is better than a 4" in carrying the "stuff", honestly. Super curious about this now. Also, trust me this is all new to me and I'm not doing it because I'm just thinking that I can do it better than anybody else, is just that I asked for quotes around and...
  6. F

Thank you so much for all the information you shared with me! It is SUPER helpful. A few notes, the top of the drawing is where the septic is located at and the bottom is the higher portion of the system. The upper bathroom shower/lav would be connected before the WC connects to the 4" main...
  7. F

I'm doing the plumbing of my house and this is what I came up with. I have a 4" main drain PVC pipe schedule 40 (solid, not foam or cell core) and for each toilet I have a 4" pipe as well (I don't want to do the closet bend my thinking is that 4" to 4" is better so I have a 4" long sweep to the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks