Search results

1. MarkHash

pressure switch remote location?

I am starting the living quarters in the back on my lake garage project and need to get the area cleared out. I want to move the pressure tank outside to the center of the lot which would put it next to the well casing connected in reverse fashion to a freeze-less water hydrant. I know this...
  2. MarkHash

final shower base install

I am finally replacing a temporary on-slab shower base in my lake garage project. I have the trap installed in the large block out area which is surrounded by 2x6's, sand and slab insulation. I have a Jacuzzi brand plastic shower base and want to set it in mortar to make it level, firm and...
  3. MarkHash

Well casing ground wire connection

After many google searches I give up. Is there a special ground strap for the connection of the well casing to the ground wires of the pump wire circuit? My well cap is made of some sort of light alloy so it is not a candidate, nor does it have a grounding screw on it anyway. Drill a hole in...
  4. MarkHash

Cableguards

My well has 35' of steel 6" casing then sandstone down to around 120'. With advice received here I plan on suspending the pump at around 100'. After reading about stuck pumps, with cableguards and torque arresters being possible causes I am wondering how frequent they should be spaced down the...
  5. MarkHash

UF cable continuing down the well

My chart says my 14 gauge is good for my motor rating and distance, I have enough left over for the drop down the well casing, the 14 gauge UF is surprisingly flexible, why not just measure it off, cut it and continue down the well with it? This is assuming I can separate the UF material...
  6. MarkHash

PEX for submersible?

Ever heard of PEX for hanging a submersible? I am tempted because of the very high static level during the winter freeze in upper MI. The casing sticks out above the snow and the static level is above ground level. Probably would want to use the best expanding connectors down at the pump.
  7. MarkHash

new well dissimilar size pitless/pump discharge

I have a 1 1/4" discharge on my submersible well pump and I am stuck with a welded 1" pitless adapter at the well head. Should I install the transition fitting at the pump and use 1" pipe or at the pitless and use 1 1/4" pipe? Does it make any difference? Or is this combination inadvisable?
  8. MarkHash

piping questions

What is the drop pipe in modern wells today? Is it pvc, cpvc, pex, ect? My well pump has a 1 1/4" output diameter but my well driller installed a 1" welded pitless adapter, where do I make the transition, down at the pump or just below the pitless? And last, from the pitless to the pressure...
  9. MarkHash

Taco Flo check circulator pump

In an in-floor radiant hot water heating system is there any advantage (or requirement) to the flo check style circulator pump other than the space saving feature of not requiring a check valve upstream/downstream from it? I've got a couple of standard Taco 007 pumps I want to use for a 1000...
  10. MarkHash

Last row of tile above shower base

I have a single threshold rectangular shower base with the tile-lip on three sides. I have done this once before and have had great results except for the silicon caulking instead of the tile grout I used per advise from base manufacturer. It of course turned grey than black and has been an...
  11. MarkHash

New well being drilled right now..questions

Hello all, we are on Lake Superior waterfront with the drill rig starting about 200 feet back from the shore and about 20 feet above the lake level (around 620 feet above sea level) The well next door is claimed to be (he drilled it too last fall) 30 feet of grouted casing to sandstone and...
  12. MarkHash

Sloan valve NO service

Hi, when I remodeled by two bathrooms in the mid ninetys I used rookie 1.6 gallon toilets. Since they don't function with single flushes and have been my misery and house guest's embarassment I swore when I built my lakehome that I would install commercial toilets. Following great advice here...
  13. MarkHash

Synthetic toilet ring/gasket

Hi, I found out too late (after the concrete pour) that I shouldn't have run the in-floor heat pex lines next to the toilet riser. Is there a non wax ring I can use that won't deform or melt inside a heated floor?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks