Search results

1. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

I like copper, but thought it would be much more difficult to install that a plastic pipe in an existing house. Legend HyperPure PE-RT has a stated guarantee of 100 years. Yes I know that is crazy but the supplier of the raw material Dow Chemical has been around a long time (over 125 years)...
  2. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

All connections were crimped. Keith A.
  3. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Legend HyperPure is described as "PE-RT" not PEX-A. Legend is not part of Uponor/Wirsbo. As of this date, I have submitted information to Uponor on my out of pocket cost to replace their defective Wirsbo AquaPex pipe (about $ 35,000. Final costs with drywall repair, texturing, and painting...
  4. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

In our house, the Wirsbo AquaPex failures (all 10 of them) were very small cracks in the PEX Piping itself. We have just had our entire house re-piped in the last 30 days (hot, cold, recirculation, and service out to the street water meter) with Legend HyperPure. In the sections of pipe that...
  5. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

You guys are more familiar with Legend than I. Legend is basing their claims on Dow Chemical (who has been around for over 125 years) and is the supplier of the material used in making Legend pipe. I suspect that Dow Chemical also supplies the material for regular PEX, but I don't know that...
  6. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Warranties are a legal game. What I'm interested in is a water pipe and fittings that will last as long as the house. My previous experience with 2 houses is with copper pipe. As I've mentioned before, I've only had one minor copper pipe leak in over 30 years. Yes, I've had valves go bad...
  7. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

So last week we had our 9th leak in Wirsbo/Uponor PEX pipe. We are seriously looking at PERT (Legend HyperPure) pipe for the whole house re-piping job in the very near future. The primary reason for using this PERT pipe is because the manufacturer has enough faith in their product to offer a...
  8. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

I wouldn't use it either for any permanent construction project. How long did you store it in plastic bags???
  9. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Hi John, Legend's 100 year warranty is 4 times as long as Uponor's 25 year warranty. Looks like Legend Company themselves have been around for a while. Dow Chemical who makes the base material for Legend has been in business for over 125 years and generally has a very good reputation. Do...
  10. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Hi John, How long has "Hyperpure" been in use? Do you believe it is a superior product compared to PEX? Is it installed like PEX? Personally, I think copper is the "gold standard" of water pipe in houses. It has been around for many, many decades and has proven to have a reliably very long...
  11. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

Our two previous houses had copper pipe. In over 30 years (combined for both houses) we only had one leak in copper. (The only other leak I ever saw was a leak caused by a bad solder job at a joint.) The house was built in 1968 (Vietnam war period when copper was in short supply). The actual...
  12. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

At this point in time, all they are willing to assist with is paying for the replacement pipe, on the hot water side only. As I've stated before, we have experienced a leak in a cold water pipe - exactly like those in the hot water Wirsbo PEX pipes.....
  13. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

All the Wirsbo PEX piping in this house is white..
  14. Keith_WA

Uponor PEX problem ALERT

We live in southwest Washington and have lived in this house for 9 years. The house was built in 2005/2006. In 2018 we had a microscopic crack in a Wirsbo PEX pipe near our water heater. A year later we had another Wirsbo PEX leak not far from the original leak. In March of this year (2022) we...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks