Search results

1. Malmen

Remove manganese with Katalox light - PH 7.8?

I have elevated levels of iron and manganese in my deep water well (50 meters) and I was recommended a AIO filter with katalox light. This filter takes care of the iron and egg smell but do not touch manganese levels. Seller says my PH needs to be 8.5 for it to take care of manganese and my PH...
  2. Malmen

Katalox light "slippery" water and funny smell

Settings are Backwash 10 min Brine 25 min (changed that to 15 min) Rinse 5 min. During Brine it sucks air through that white one way valve and makes the sound of an methanol RC engine. I got the sputtering acceptable by changing the brine time. Could these pressure pulses damage stuff like...
  3. Malmen

Thanks for your reply. I have seen those cheap meters but didnt think they did the trick. And test strips is hard to tell the differens in color I think. Might try a meter then. Any recommendations? No the smell is not H2S. I had H2S before the filter and now its gone. This is some kind of...
  4. Malmen

I just got my BW filter installed with katalox light media to get rid of iron and bad smell. It works very well but I get a slippery feeling when showering/washing my hands and it feels like the soap wont go off. This can happen with water softeners but katalox would rather raise both PH and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks