Search results

1. 221_whatever_it_takes

Add 50amp breaker to bus from meter line?

Great! Understood. Thanks for the explanation. I'm glad to read I have at least a couple options. I'll update in a few weeks when I complete the work.
  2. 221_whatever_it_takes

Wayne, thanks again for the advice. That makes sense not to mess with the line side. I've attached another pic to graphically display what I think you're describing. I put a question mark "awg?" in the pic for the wires I'm guessing should be at least #2. I'll look at the existing load...
  3. 221_whatever_it_takes

I'm in Rocklin, CA but the house is in San Jose, CA and it's PGE.
  4. 221_whatever_it_takes

Thanks Wayne. Regarding A) this seems complicated. The wires running from the existing 100a breaker are aluminum and run through hidden walls. It would be tough to intercept that I think, to me at least. Regarding B) see attached pic below. Is this what you describe? I put a question mark...
  5. 221_whatever_it_takes

Thanks for the response. This panel was never modified. It was installed at time of house build in 1979. Sorry I'm not clear on your question on "dead front of the panel" but if you mean the cover of this panel then no, there are knock-outs for 2 breakers and only the bottom knock-out was...
  6. 221_whatever_it_takes

Can I per code add a 50a breaker as in the pic to this existing bus that currently has a 100a breaker that has wire out to a sub-panel in a garage? The new breaker would be connected to this bus with 2x 6awg THHN wires going through the back wall of this panel into conduit and finally into a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks