Search results

1. TomV8

Kerdi Shower Drain Question

Ignore the blue spots. I accidentally did that before i saved it.
  2. TomV8

Ok top one is the current version. Vent is on the left. I could cut back the pipe and have a right angle and cut through the joists and then the trap would be at the same level (slope taken in consideration) see picture in next post.
  3. TomV8

Thanks Wayne. And while i cementing the water lines i discovered i do have a existing vent that was buried in insulation. It's upstream of the toilet but the top the pipe is about 3.5 inches below the drop. Think i can scrap the new vent or keep it?
  4. TomV8

One last question? I know that you have to reduce the 2 inch drain to the 1.5 at the p trap but can that mean the p trap can be two inchs or it has to reduce before? Thanks for all the help
  5. TomV8

Thanks. I am going to have the trap closer to the drain, but I just had a scrap piece of old pipe Everything would be simpler if I don't add the vent. The existing vent is about 9 linear ft away from the new drain. Only about 2 extra feet away from the old drain. Add the vent or forget it?
  6. TomV8

would have cut out my toilet drain line, which would involve cutting up outside the shower area floor. My problem is i have installers coming Monday and the drain pipe is only like three inches below the subfooor. I am actually going to have to raise the subfooor by 1x4s amd then another layer...
  7. TomV8

Jow about this setup. I need to cut back the one pipe to make everything fit but thos gets the idea across.
  8. TomV8

It's a dry vent btw since this is my second floor bath
  9. TomV8

So after everyone's suggestions, i am moving the p trap right off the shower drain and then installing a vent that will go through the ceiling and connect to the existing vent line which goes to the roof stack. This is the new fittings using to my existing drain let me know if this is a good...
  10. TomV8

Update: I did take a camera and was able to shine down through the opening in the subfloor. The p-trap is located right below and then it turns 90 degrees and probably makes it's way to the main drain line in line with the toilet. There doesn't appear to be another vent but currently there is no...
  11. TomV8

They actually do make a side drain. Just found that yesterday. I was planning on buying it, just to be on the safe side. i can always return it if not. I do have to lengthen the drain since we are going from a left sided drain to a center shower drain. It will be centered on 58/ 29 inches. I'll...
  12. TomV8

for whitney: Here is actual picture my above drawing is based off of. What we are looking at is the space behind the tub. To the left of the water pipes is a bumped out interior wall that is about 8 inches deep from the actual inner edge of the exterior. The pipe that goes up is just for the tub...
  13. TomV8

So last night I spent a while in my attic for really the first time ever since owning the house besides popping my head up to look around. By complete chance I found the vent pipe that comes up from the master bathroom under about a foot or more of blown insulation. It connects to the main...
  14. TomV8

The code inspector said that the vent is probably off of the toilet drain line since it's located only about three feet away. I was/am skeptical about that, but I have never had any problem with drainage with the shower and the house is only 15 years old, so I would expect the codes to be...
  15. TomV8

Hello there, In a previous thread of mine, I had some questions about replacing the shower valve and head etc, and it was mentioned by another user that I am required to use 2 inch shower drain for new walk-in shower. Today, I talked to my county's code inspector and discussed the situation...
  16. TomV8

PEX A from CPVC Shower Remodel Question

Really, there isn't anything except six inches of air space between the exterior wall studs/insulation and then the other row of studs for the bump out wall that the shower head and valve is on. I could possibly add a shut-off valves to the H&C lines that goes to shower valves but i don't know...
  17. TomV8

I think I'm set for the valve etc. and now I need to start investigating on moving/extending my floor drain since I was just informed by my tile/shower installer that I need to move it from the standard left side tub position to center on 60 in. Sigh Also thinking about adding some sort of...
  18. TomV8

Last night I went out and bought the above recommended fittings: 1/2 to 3/4 bushing and a 3/4 CPVC to 3/4 Pex A adapter. Now I have another question. I tried finding the answer to my question before asking it here, but there really is no information online and I want to be sure that this is...
  19. TomV8

Thank you very much for that. I am not sure if I would have come across that bushing on my own and I can pick up both of those up locally too.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks