Search results

1. stephencc

Washing machine drain standpipe overflow

Thanks, Yes perhaps there is a partial clog in the P-trap and a flap at the start of the trap, such that they combine to stop poured water (with no pressure) but when I insert the snake by hand until I hit something at floor level (perhaps a flap) the water can flow through the partial clog in...
  2. stephencc

Thanks, apparently it is '2-inch' pipe, according to the plumber, I had estimated from looking inside the pipe which looks smaller. The plumber came back out today and augered it three times and the water finally went down when poured into the standpipe, but he said the problems will continue...
  3. stephencc

thanks It is a 3 foot high pvc pipe that is about 1 inch in diameter, but it goes into the floor (ground floor) before the p-trap, and into cement foundation from what I understand, so it can't be seen or worked on. It was built in the 1960's, and uses copper pipes that may have rusted or...
  4. stephencc

My clothes washing machine drain standpipe overflowed water when the machine was emptying, so I augered the pipe over 15 feet and I even had a plumber do the same while he was there for something else. But when I poured water into the standpipe to check it before using the machine again, the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks